Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Too many pitches! I really don't see any reason for a college pitcher to go that far in a baseball game. With as many quality pitchers as these teams have on their roster, there is no reason to put that burden on one player.
Note: While reading John Williams’ bios on the MTSU website, I was surprised at the frankness of the content. I believe I would find another PR person.

Veteran lefthander who struggled with control and consistency all season

Roughed up against South Alabama in six-plus innings ... Struggled through 4.1 innings at Western Kentucky, giving up nine runs, seven earned, on 10 hits with four strikeouts

Was a disaster in first game at Arkansas-Little Rock, giving up three runs on three hits in just one-third of an inning

Had another bad outing in Starkville Regional, lasting two-plus innings and giving up eight runs on eight hits versus Missouri.

Fungo
Was not at the game, but listened on line. I could not believe Coach Pete left John in that long. My wife was counting the pitches during the game and we were both shocked. Just glad my son doesn't pitch. I talked to my son after the game and he was very surprised John went that long. This is something you might expect from Ray Bans but not coach Pete.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.