Skip to main content

Congrats to the Canes, who continue to play great ball. Ballew, Fuentes, Bell, and Watkins all pitched very well. Harper, Malcolm, Perry, and Cline hit the ball well all tourney. The Canes faced very good teams (Tigers, Mavericks, Patriots twice, Marshalls twice,). The final game was a very good one,as the canes came back from 4-1 to put it away. Good luck in OK.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

No hostility towards any canes,just coaches who pound their chests when they win a game or tourny.I've seen your team play and you have SOME talented athletes,just as their leader act like you've won before!! You don't see the big boys ( D-Bat,Tigers,ect.)getting on here pounding their chests everytime they win or making excuses when they lose. That's the difference between you and the "Elites". You'll get it some day!!!
RFC3

I was referring to your collapse comment. Playing in quality tournaments you will lose a game for a variety of reasons…poor pitching match up, opponent plays extremely well, your team plays poorly, weak hits fall and hard hits are caught…it really does not matter when you lose the other team wins…end of story! Give them the credit and do not attempt to diminish their accomplishment by talking about your teams collapse.

I think the real issue is all the self promotion being done, it just seems like you guys are pounding your chests and that irritates many. You have a good team and that should be enough.
quote:
Originally posted by LDinTheGap:
I'm quessing sportsjunkie is associated with the canes in some way. Let someone else toot your horn for a change!!!
You don't see the big boys ( D-Bat,Tigers,ect.)getting on here pounding their chests everytime they win or making excuses when they lose. That's the difference between you and the "Elites". You'll get it some day!!!

LD,
I'm relatively new here and trying to understand the protocol. I don't know sportsjunkie but appears to be associated with the hurricanes in some way. Likely not a coach. The thing is, most of the info and comments I see comes from those associated with the teams. Seems OP, PD, Meat, PTicket, Sky, DBAT GM, DTiger, jesuitbaseball, etc. all have association with teams and they provide info and comments on their teams play. Is that wrong? Doesn't look like comments on those teams are all coming from casual 3rd party observers as you seem to suggest.

Question: DBat, Mustangs, and Tigers - is that pretty much the "elites?" Other orgs don't rank? Is that about it? I'm not being argumentative. Just looking for edu. Thanks.

[Edited: Just noticed that LD hasn't been here anytime at all (registered 7/22/07). Must be a new guy that registered just to rag on rfc and the hurricanes. That's kinda lame. Waffle did the same thing. Registerd to badger rfc. You guys are a hoot. Must be on the list of teams the canes beat in MM this week. Maybe someone else can provide comments regarding my original post.]
Last edited by Rock Dad
quote:
Originally posted by Waffle11:
RFC3

I was referring to your collapse comment. Playing in quality tournaments you will lose a game for a variety of reasons…poor pitching match up, opponent plays extremely well, your team plays poorly, weak hits fall and hard hits are caught…it really does not matter when you lose the other team wins…end of story! Give them the credit and do not attempt to diminish their accomplishment by talking about your teams collapse.

Sincere credit to the Marshals for fighting back from a 6-0 deficit. But this game had an event that doesn't fall into the normal "variety of reasons" list. The canes had 3 runs taken off the board on a bases clearing double cuz the runner on 2B missed the bag at third on his way home. Without that miscue, it's not so clear the Marshals could have completed the come back. In the end, it was the Marshals that didn't let up and put the pressure on in extra innings scoring the gw in the 9th on a pinch hit single.
I'll post,just don't sit on here all day waiting for someone to rebut my thoughts and statements!!You are right Mr.B,the others do comment on their games and scores. Just not with sarcasm and excuses for loses as some do.( Hmmm, and they said we couldn't compete!!)Which, by the way , not too much competition down in MM this week, Huhh. Go beat Kelley,East Cobb,NorTex,ect. Then you can crow like a ten foot rooster. And I am new here as a poster but not as a by-stander. I've been watching this all summer long. I just find calling your long time buddy-coaching partner and having him post about how good we are so that we can pound in front of others a bit over the edge,names withheld!!! LD out!!!
quote:
Originally posted by LDinTheGap:
You are right Mr.B,the others do comment on their games and scores. Just not with sarcasm and excuses for loses as some do.( Hmmm, and they said we couldn't compete!!)Which, by the way , not too much competition down in MM this week, Huhh. Go beat Kelley,East Cobb,NorTex,ect. Then you can crow like a ten foot rooster.

I guess you are referring to me as "Mr.B" Kind of an I know you but you don't know me thing. Very "James Bond" like and mysterious. I like it! Please introduce yourself if you see me at a game sometime. A great part of the baseball experience for a parent is knowing the parents of other players. I see that from the "old" posters here on hsbaseballweb.

Can't disagree completely with your assessment of crowing a bit by canes coaches. That's just them, I guess.

You're not suggesting that a tournament has no competition and a team shouldn't be happy with their wins if it doesn't involve East Cobb or Kelley are you? That's tough as those teams are clearly top notch. Who is "ect?" Let's see your list and not use generalities. The canes beat two teams in the premierWS that I heard beat Kelley. (If this is wrong apologies, someone correct me. That's just what I heard). I don't read anything into that more than there is but the canes can feel good about those victories, can't they? I don't know what happened in the Kelley games and was surprised they were not in the championship.

quote:
posted by LDinTheGap:
I just find calling your long time buddy-coaching partner and having him post about how good we are so that we can pound in front of others a bit over the edge,names withheld!!! LD out!!!

You must have some esp thing going that the rest of us don't have. I know the canes folks and I don't know who (sportsjunkie) the original poster is. Likely a parent as many posts like that are. Comments like yours simply reveal you as a person with a personal grudge against someone with the canes. Hard for others to accept your posts as objective after that. Did they beat your team or cut your player in the past? I just don't get it.

"...names withheld!!! LD out!!!" - What does that mean? It doesn't make any sense to me.
Last edited by Rock Dad
On the Dallas Blog, it says DBat is building a team with Hurricanes Nortex and others, which players are going? Will there still be a Hurricanes team? Who is going from Nortex and will they still have a team? What others will be joining them?

I will say I have watched the Hurricanes and they are good, but lack good sportsmanship which after reading these posts shows that it is apparently learned from their parents! Maybe DBat will settle them down.
Well, I had hoped to say something profound with my 3000th post....but.... Smile

Kids, let's end the squabble about the 15 yr olds, please. I want to congratulate the Hurricanes, Team Kelly, and the other teams that are making a name (or more of a name) for themselves in the 16U age group. It seems there are at least 7-8 special 16U teams in the area this year, including the "incumbents". (Tigers, Mustangs, TK, Hurricanes, Patriots, DD, Marshals, DBAT) I think it is unnecessary to diminish the accomplishments of any of these teams by claiming inferior competition --- or by pointing to specific instances where one team beat another. As someone said, "act like you've done it before." I think many that read and participate on these boards ARE INDEED interested in the new/young teams although it is not outside the scope of possibility Wink that some would rather see game reports than read posts filled with dads poking at coaches or coaches poking at the DFW baseball world, seeking acceptance.

Sometimes I feel like I'm watching an old B-western with the Hurricanes and the Dragons on one side of the saloon and the others at the other end yelling, "there's no more room in 'des here parts for a gang like yours". Hurriances, welcome to HS-age summer select baseball -- you're earned your place in the sun. No one will take you for granted from here on out. Be ready to strap it on each game.

Others -- let's act like WE have been here before. Cool

Peace.
PD, you are the man. I guess from now on i will make sure my post is not read the wrong way. I was not "chest bumping" as some say, i was merely informing (i just followed some other examples, as i am new to this). I really do enjoy all of the info on here, we all just need to "wade" through all of the other stuff...lets all remember that it is about the kids.
Just some FYI..."junkie"...before you go out an feel good about yourself by trying to correct someone else's spelling:

"Thanks for the info LD.....also try spellcheck before you hit send....dont quess, guess"

You should try spellcheck yourself as your an idiot and can't even spell MARSHALS..."Marshalls".

And for the record, the Hurricanes are some good ball players with a couple of kids who are really great young men (Bell and Odle for starters), but a few of them have no class and do not respect the game at all. Guess that happens when you continue to play "daddy ball" at the age of 15.

Sorry, PD...I just read this posting and had to comment as I was at most of those games and could not believe the actions from some of their coaches/players.
Let's not nitpick -- ok, let's nitpick --

Your = you're

Marshals = McKinney Marshals (one l) - whoever speeled it correctly

Hurricanes -- they're 15 -- they still need to learn the game, including how to respect it. Let's give them a year before we tear into them. Coaches, you have a year. Wink

Now -- whew, I feel better -- can we leave the new teams alone? Whatever happened to picking on DBAT? Big Grin

-PD
Mad, thanks for the compliments about Bell and Odle, they are great young men. You also got me on the spelling thing, good job. I think we all should not be so emotional on here sometimes. I see that you are an East guy so good luck to your stepson in Football (i think i know him). We have a lot of good kids on our team and we are proud of them all.
Yes, "junkie" we do know each other, and I had hoped you knew me as I made the comments about Bell and Odle for a reason...I do care for them (not just because they are East kids...but their dad's are friends as well..wink wink!). Actually, I would like to see the Hurricanes split up as I would love to see some of those guys get integrated into the Marshals/Tigers/DBat/Mustangs, etc.

And now that our (Marshals 15U) season is over (25-8 I believe we finished)...BRING ON FOOTBALL!!

IT'S A GREAT DAY TO BE A PANTHER !
quote:
Originally posted by theville:
How did the Texas teams do in Oklahoma? Confused

Nortex 9
Seattle Renegades 1

Hurricanes 4
Seattle Bruins 0

Nortex 10
NJ Twins 2

Hurricanes 14
Glendora Gators 3