The Michigan Mustangs (formerly known as the Michigan Moose), an 18u travel baseball team, is looking for players to fill its’ 2009 roster.
If you or your son is interested in playing for the Mustangs in 2009, please send an e-mail to MIMustangs18u@aol.com
Please feel free to take a look at our website: www.eteamz.com/michiganmustangs18u
In order to play at the 18u level, you must have been born on or after May 1, 1990.
In 2008, the Moose were very successful.
Below is a list of their accomplishments:
· The Moose won 28 games.
· The Moose went 4-1 at the Motor City Pride Invitational
· The Moose went 4-1 at the Beast of the East
· The Moose went 4-1 at the Brighton Baseball Classic
· The Moose were runners-up at the Beast of the East
· The Moose were runners-up at the Madonna Invitational
· The Moose were runners-up at the Brighton Baseball Classic
· Every single high school graduate that played for the Moose either has or will be playing college baseball. Colleges that they have played at or will play at include: Michigan State University, Central Michigan University, Wayne State University, Kellogg Community College, Blue Ridge (NC) Community College, Hillsdale College, Alma College, Jackson Community College, Paris (TX) Junior College, Lake Michigan College, Saginaw Valley State University, Concordia (AL) College, St. Norbert (WI) College, Savannah State (GA) University, Macomb Community College, and Henry Ford Community College.
· Nine Moose players were named to the All-State team (one in 2006, six in 2007, and two in 2008)
· Defeated Kali Baseball Academy, one of the premier teams in California.
· Defeated teams from five different states and two different countries.
· Were the only team in the Motor City Pride Invitational to defeat the Detroit Bears (eventual tournament champions)
A new member of the coaching staff this year is Carnell Humphries. Coach Humphries has been the head baseball coach at Southeastern High School for the last ten years. He recently led the Jungaleers to a District championship, a Regional championship, and to the PSL Championship game. He has also coached summer and fall teams for the last 15 years.
One thing that the Mustangs pride themselves on is being an affordable summer baseball option for players. The fee to play for the Mustangs is approximately $300 per player.
The 2009 Mustangs' summer season will begin in June 2009 and conclude in either late July or early August 2009.
In 2009, the Mustangs will be focusing strictly on tournament play. All of the tournaments that the Mustangs will play in will be in Michigan (except for possibly one). Because of this, travel commitments and expenses are at a minimum for the Mustangs. A tentative tournament schedule will be posted on the website as soon as tournament dates are released. Most of the tournaments will be in Ann Arbor, Michigan (about 50 minutes north of Toledo). Possible tournaments include (but aren't limited to) the Great Lakes Challenge, Motor City Pride Invitational, Mayor's Tournament and the Firecracker Classic. The Mustangs will play in 7-9 tournaments during the 2009 summer season. They will also apply to the Black Swamp.
The Mustangs are proud to announce their affiliation with the Michigan Mustangs Elite Baseball Program (www.michiganmustangsbaseball.com) and the Mustangs Academy, the winter home of the Mustangs. Pictures of the Mustangs Academy can be seen at www.michiganmustangsbaseball.com (scroll to the bottom of the page). The Mustangs will be training at the Mustangs Academy during the offseason and during the regular season. All Mustangs players are welcome to work out at the Mustangs Academy whenever they want to (for free).
The younger Mustangs are a feeder into the 18u team. Younger players who want to play for the 18u team in the future should join one of the younger teams.
Once again, if you are interested in playing for the Mustangs, please send an e-mail to MIMustangs18u@aol.com