Skip to main content

Florida Legends- FARMINGTON BOUND 2010!

Down 3-1 in the 7th inning, the Florida Legends came back to score 3 runs against Richmond County in the Connie Mack Qualifier Tournament in Troy, NY. This is the 4th straight year the Legends have punched their tickets to Farmington and the Connie Mack World Series.

So now the teams that are in:
-Florida Legends
-Dallas Yankees
-Cherry Creek
-DBAT Mustangs

????????
Last edited by HaltomScout
quote:
Originally posted by HaltomScout:

Down 3-1 in the 7th inning, the Florida Legends came back to score 3 runs against Richmond County in the Connie Mack Qualifier Tournament in Troy, NY. This is the 4th straight year the Legends have punched their tickets to Farmington and the Connie Mack World Series.

-Florida Legends
-Dallas Yankees
-Cherry Creek
-DBAT Mustangs

????????

Cherry Creek and the Yankees; both have qualified for the South Plains Region with the winner to Farmington.
Last edited by Josh Gibson
quote:
Originally posted by HaltomScout:

-Florida Legends
-Dallas Yankees
-Cherry Creek
-DBAT Mustangs

????????

There are two AABC World Series Qualifiers...

1. Phoenix
2. New York

Both tournaments have been completed and the two teams mentioned have claimed their bid.

The only other way into Farmington is through a regional tournament win.

Few teams have received an automatic bid straight into a regional through a regional qualifier. I can't give the exact number of regional qualifiers across the country but there are few.

Most teams must

A. Qualify through league play to...

B. Play in a state tournament, in which the winner will...

C. Play in a regional tournament, in which the winner will...

D. Advance to the CMWS.

There are 10 teams in the CMWS. 2 being qualifier winners. Which means 8 teams will advance by placing in league play, then winning their state tournament, then onto winning their regional tournament.

Bottom line, won't see any more invitations being sent until after all the regional tournaments across the nation are complete which generally is the end of July into the first few days of August.
Last edited by Ken Guthrie
No disrespect Gut... but when was the last time a team had to qualify through league play? I think the last chunk of years, anyone that wants to go to a AABC State Tourney can go.... unless you mean qualify as in play at least six league games....

Unfort there is always the "host" team in Farmington who gets in by winning their area league...

Sure miss the days of showing up to a AABC State Tournament and at any given site, you had at least three to four big time quality teams there ready to rumble...
Houston Wildcats, Pasadena Stars, Jay's Grill, Corpus Christi Bombers, Houston Bombers, Houston Heat, Austin Slam, San Antonio Hack Shack, Austin Wings, Dallas Tigers, Fort Worth Cats, Columbia Angels, Dallas Mustangs, Burkburnet Black Sox, Adair Braves, South Texas Sliders, Arlington A's, Dallas Knights, Dallas Image, D-BAT, Arlington Wizards.... the only big time team that never went AABC was Houston Kyle Chapman...

those were the days...
quote:
Originally posted by Diablo con Huevos:
No disrespect Gut... but when was the last time a team had to qualify through league play?

I'm pretty sure in the BBI Premier they have 6 slots for teams to advance. I believe the league consists of 10 teams.

quote:
Unfort there is always the "host" team in Farmington who gets in by winning their area league...

Correct, I forgot about the host.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.