Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

They won't tell him until he gets there.

I think you are right about missing Mr. Duke at Altoona. I feel that he will be in Indianapolis or Pittsburgh, based on the news reports. Maybe Eric in a year or 2.

Eric is hoping for Hickory, NC but you never know and the Pirates are loaded with minor league pitching and generally move slowly. Hickory would be an honor, but he will be happy to play anywhere at this point. He has never gone so long without playing or practicing organized ball of some kind. He works out on his own now and misses his team mates.
next time I see Zach, I'm gonna shave a porcupine and ask him to sign it - we don't have them other (armored) critters here

his reaction should be priceless Smile

any suggestions on the proceedure?
how many b'marys should I give the porcupine, and how many should I have?? do porcupine(s) like La-Redhot or Tabasco??
Last edited by Bee>
I was told that most of the players destinations have been determined already.....
and that once in awhile a good spring training will force a change. Maybe that isn't the norm?

One prospect I know has been invited to a
work out for one week in the presence of the scouting department and management before he heads to spring training... The evaluation would determine the level of play to start from in the spring.
Chill ...

I got the impression (from an article/interview of one of the Dbacks' minor league managers that I read in early Jan) that decisions were probably made before the players got to spring training, but "mums the word" from the Dbacks as far as our youngin' is concerned. We are speculating South Bend (though hoping Lancaster) based on a comment by the scouting director to my hubby at an awards' dinner 2 weeks ago, but nothing formal.

Guess we'll find out in a few weeks ... unless the pitchers and catchers are told during their early arrival time. 14
quote:
Originally posted by Chill:
...who knows where they are going to report?

Haven't most decisions been made already?

Chill, have read the BlueJays Blog and we are hoping they are in the know with their preseason projections on assignments. But that would take all the "fun" out of showing up knowing you need to compete for a postion, especially where mine was picked in the draft. noidea
He was their 2nd round pick in 2003, they didn't have a first round pick. He came out of a D3 in Ventura County where my son went for baseball camps. He's hoping to go to AA this year, I believe he was in A ball last year in the same league as Zach Duke before he moved up.

A new puppy can be quite a responsibility. Smile

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.