Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

This comes from Texas A&M's website: "Dallas Baptist, in its first season as a Division 1A independent, has a record of 30-17 after splitting a four-game series against Fresno State last weekend and beating TCU, 3-0, Tuesday." (Even though this is their third year as a D1 school, the first two years were provisional years.) Part of the confusion is that to my knowledge, baseball is the only D1 sport at Dallas Baptist. Baseball is DBU's "flagship" sport and they compete at lower levels in other sports. Incidentally, NCCAA stands for National Christian College Athletic Association.
It is a shame though that you've got about 5 teams in the tournament with sub .500 records and a team like Long Beach State that played nearly half it's games against ranked opponents, finished third in one of the toughest conferences out there and finished above .500 couldn't get a spot.

I must presume that those sub .500 teams got in with having won their conference playoff.
HeyBatter,

This is why it is so critical to win your conferences' automatic bid. We see this every year in basketball, many teams deserving of a bid don't get one because there are only so many at large bids. Every time a team under .500 runs the table in a major conference tournament it reduces the number of those avialable at large bids. This is because the dominant team in the conference may take an at large bid when they were expected to take the automatic one.

Every year in baseball, basketball, hockey and I'm sure a slew of other NCAA spuervised sports, there are teams who get "slighted" by the slection process. The only way to avoid it is to take of your buisness and win your conferences automatic bid. Then let someonelse worry about the at large bids.
HEY BATTER

I dont know you from the next cocoanut on the tree--just look up the info before you make a statement that can be found on the schools website

If you understand the process find the time to a follow it--you post enough here which leads me to believe that you have the time

My friendly adversary--I assume nothing
"If you understand the process find the time to a follow it--you post enough here which leads me to believe you have the time
My friendly adversary--I assume nothing

TRhit"

Actually TR, right there you have made several presumptions and assumptions, along with a few contradictions.

As an aside, among other things, I don't consider you an adversary, for some apparent reason YOU decided to take that course today. Guess it's that 'roid rage. body-builder
Last edited by HeyBatter
Wake Forest should have gotten in. Now my darkhorse is Winthrop. I hope they dont because they are in my beloved Tarheels regional. They already have beaten UNC at UNC this year. Winthrop is very good and do not be surprised if they dont give UNC everything they want this weekend in Chapel Hill.

UVA will bounce back this week. They are too good and deep on the hill to take another weekend off like last week. They are very dangerous.
How does the PAC-10 champion not get a national seed?

Oregon State wrapped up their second straight PAC-10 title, and were ranked top 8 or better consistently all season.

Then the NCAA and their stupid formulas get involved, just like the BCS.

Now, if OSU wins their regional they travel to Texas (assuming Texas wins theirs.)

The NCAA has been dissing the PAC-10 for years, in all sports.
So let me get this straight.... The University of Texas (40-19) will play against UT-Arlington (29-34), N.C. State (38-21) and Stanford (30-25) in the Austin Regional.

If they win that they would play the winner of the Corvallis, Oregon Regional which includes Oregon State, Wright State, Hawaii and Kansas.

Hmmmm.....looks like another trip to Omaha for the 'Horns!

Last edited by Frozen Ropes GM
DBAT,
I did not see Oregon St this year but did last season. Also talked with the a MLB scouting director about them. I would bet Augie is not nearly as optimistic about the opposition. Oregon St is likely to be really good. They can pitch, hit and field and have spectacular team speed.
Before that, Stanford may stand in the way and it isn't like they aren't capable of beating UT, since they did in twice earlier this year. If TX and Stanford are both still standing on Monday, and Stanford puts Greg Reynolds on the mound, it could be a real battle.
Last edited by infielddad
quote:

Now, if OSU wins their regional they travel to Texas (assuming Texas wins theirs.)

The NCAA has been dissing the PAC-10 for years, in all sports.

Hey, Rob...I got OSU winning the CWS in my backet...I've seen both Texas and OSU play this year...I have a feeling that OSU will beat Texas or any other team. (sorry TPMom)

Talking Cali teams...how about the Fullerton regional...Fullerton, San Diego, Fresno and Saint Louis and Pepperdine Regional (aka Bracket of Death)....Pepperdine, UCLA, UC Irvine and Missouri. The winner of the regionals play each other in the supers.

That's six Cali teams...only one has a chance to move on the CWS.
Last edited by Bullwinkle

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.