Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Here are some additional verbal commitments according to Houston's 5a baseball website:

Bobby Stone , LHP/1B/OF, Montgomery, SHSU
Taylor White, SS, Fort Bend Baptist, University of Houston
Kyle Winkler, RHP, Kempner, TCU
Hunter Cervenka, LHP/1B/OF, Ross Sterling, Texas
Michael Goodnight, RHP, Westside, University of Houston
Andrew Benak, RHP, Langham Creek, Rice
Clay VanderLaan, Cypress Ridge, Michigan State University
Anthony Fazio, P, Beaumont Kelly, Rice
Scott Arthur, SS, Klein Oak, Texas A&M
Mo Wiley, P, Mayde Creek, University of Houston
Robbie Grossman, CF, Cy-Fair, Texas
Taylor Featherston, SS, Katy Taylor, TCU
quote:
Originally posted by Panther Dad:
The DMN reports that Jordan Imhoff has committed to OU.

I saw Jordan play today in Houston at the Texas Scouts Association Workout at Minute Maid Park. The first pitch he saw in the game that was played ended up in the seats in LF. He then got 2 more line drive hits in his next 2 AB's. This kid's the real deal.

There was a ton of talent on the field today there in Houston.
Last edited by Old Pitcher
Collins headed to Nebraska for baseball
TOMMY BROWN/Daily Light Sports Editor
Published: August 2, 2007
Waxahachie senior Boomer Collins loves playing football, but his dream has always been to be a professional baseball player. He hopes by committing to the University of Nebraska he is taking a step in that direction.

The senior also cites the Cornhuskers rich baseball tradition as reason for choosing Nebraska over the likes of Rice, Texas Tech, TCU, Arkansas and Richmond. "I've always wanted an opportunity to play in the Big 12," Collins said. "They've won the Big 12 four of the last six years and been in the regional and super regional in 11 of the last 13 years.

"The facilities are unreal and they have the third largest average attendance in the NCAA. It's kind of a one-horse town where if you can star at Nebraska you will be remembered forever."

Collins is excited about playing in the Big 12 and the occasional trips back to Texas, but he is ready for a chance to prove himself against the nation's top competition. "It was recently named the second best conference in the nation behind the ACC," he said. "I've always wanted to play against the top players in the nation and now I'll have that chance in college."

Collins, who is also the Indians' starting quarterback and safety on the football team, said making the decision before school starts will remove some pressure of having to worry about a scholarship.

"Everyone's goal is to get it out of the way quick," he said. "Getting a scholarship has been a burden for a long time and now I'm just relieved its over with. "Now I can relax and have fun."

Although he has committed to a Division I school, Collins said nothing will change about his approach to baseball or football.

"This isn't going to change the way I play or approach things," he said. "It still going to take everyone pulling at the wagon to get where we want to go." Collins was recruited as an athlete who will play in the outfield, infield and catcher.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.