Skip to main content

Just thought this piece of info might help some who might not know, or for future parents/kids. A kid can't receive a college offer until after he's taken the SAT... and I think maybe even registered with the clearinghouse(not sure). Now verbals and stuff, I don't know how that works... but I think that came up with BB last year.
Yeah... Jesuit pushes college all the time and I'm still not 100% on what I have to do. I'd say, go to the counselors... that's what I'm doing.

Texan- That makes sense, but isn't there a "level" of being cleared one must be or something so they can sign on the dotted line to receive a scholarship. I thought, not sure, this is why BB didn't commit until late... or one of the reasons. I know he had the offers.
Last edited by Dtiger
You must have your high school transcripts sent to college before taking offical visit. Tests scores and Clearinghouse will come after you accept offer to attend particular college. It a good idea to have a copy of your transcript. College academic department will have to clear student for visit. Coach's are not going to waste money for visit if kid would not qualify.
Here is a article on Blair from Inside Prep

Tulane Gets A Third Texas Commitment

Tulane has been on a roll in Texas lately, and it continued with the recent commitment of Denton Liberty 3B/RHP Carson Blair. Carson's pledge gives the Green Wave three Texans over the course of the last week and a half. He will join Houston-area standouts Ross Seaton (Second Baptist) and Jeremy Schaffer (Bellaire) in New Orleans next fall. Blair picked Tulane after considering Arkansas, TCU, Baylor and LSU.

I got a good look at Carson at the Texas Rangers Area Code Tryouts in Weatherford back in June, and he is a good-looking athlete. Strong, physical build at 6-1, 190. He showed good hands and a lot of arm strength during the infield workout, but he really stood out with his bat. Great hand speed and strength, consistently centered the ball and drove it to all parts of the ballpark.
Congratulations to Jeremy Narvaez (3B/P) from Corpus Christi Carroll who just committed to A&M-Corpus Christi.

Last spring, Jeremy led his high school team with a .457 average, 51 RBI's, 32 runs, 13 doubles, and 12 home runs. He also compiled a 10-4 record and 1.76 ERA and led his team to the Region IV-5A finals, an effort that earned him distinction as the District 27-5A MVP and Caller-Times 2007 All South Texas MVP.

Way to go, Jeremy!
Last edited by Infield08

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.