Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I agree with that, just not sure how many showcase events guarantee you what colleges will be there and won't be there. Seen alot of showcase events where very few colleges were at. Some tournaments even invite colleges, lots of them, but to guarantee a college is coming is hard to do. Unless of course your paying them to show up.
they can find alot. Not sure who told you that everyone is all set by seeing a kid in July. Maybe there's 2 kids, the assistant likes one the head coach likes the other and they want to get another look to figure it out. Maybe they seen a kid and liked him but he played bad when they seen him and they know he's better and want to make sure he's better before they offer him so they go see him again. Maybe there's someone that comes out of nowhere, which happens alot by the way. Showcase in October is just as good as July. Just cause some kids signed early there's still plenty of spots open and plenty of reasons the kids haven't signed or the colleges havent' seen them. By no means should you think all the colleges seen all the kids either, they could have been in different spots all summer, you never know. It's never a bad thing to attend a showcase if your unsigned.
Good points. I will say, however, that there are some things that might be missing from an October Showcase. (1) Baseball players that play football. (2) Coaches that are involved in practices or inter-squads at the colleges where they work. (3) Early commits. Never said don't go if you're not signed. Just made the observation that most of these colleges have been involved in other showcases in the area earlier in the year. Have we heard yet which schools have committed vs invited? And BTW, Nails, I don't think any kids have signed yet, that would be in November.
Well I know of a few players hoping that schools are still looking...

Many DIIIs on the list - they're still filling roster spots. From our experience, these schools work hard all fall, winter and spring talking to kids, as they don't really get any "commitment" until the kid walks on campus in the fall.

As for the caveats - can't see how it hurts anyone if a football player isn't there... that just means all the REAL baseball players will stand out Wink

Coaches with fall commitments - true, but everyone has recruiters they can send.

Early commits - again, more opportunity for those who haven't committed. And, as you said, signing for DIs happens in November. Not unheard of for players to change their minds.

It's tough to impossible for any showcase to guarantee that any school is going to show up. I guess as in every case - regardless of the season - it's pay your money and take your chances. If you plan to attend and see a school on the list that you're interested in, contact the coach and let him know you'll be there - tell him you saw his school was invited and you're hoping to be able to say hello.

My real point in posting is, don't lose hope if you haven't yet gotten the interest you were counting on. Keep plugging away - plenty of players don't make any decisions until senior year. If you can play fall ball or go to some fall and winter showcases, it's definitely worth the time.
Last edited by mythreesons
Your right they are just verbals. But you guys both make good points and that's what I am talking about, there's always reasons to go to a showcase or something if your not noticed or undecided. Kids not being there because of football only helps the kids that are there. There's always kids that pop up at these things in my opinion, nobody knows every kid out there.
mythreesons you are correct my son sign july 24th of his senior year.He also had a four offers from april till july these were d-1 offers. There are spots opening up because of the draft kids go to other schools. My friend boy call Juco's ask if they would let them work out for them most will if they have a need.I would go to showcases,play fallball,let coaches know your highschool play on a select team in the summer.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.