Skip to main content

I figured they would give him an opportunity at 2b first because of Soto and slide him over later. It's a great feat if he can get some playing time even at 2b. I was just responding to the guy that assumed Soto was leaving because they signed Staehly, that's not how it works. Like I said there's not many freshman that play right away and you never know in a year Staehly might make Soto move to 2b.

Not going to call out kids on here for transfering, i might not be "following the rules" but I sure you can do some research and find kids transferring every year, i'd say 90% of the time it's because they aren't getting the playing time they think they deserve. That's just my opinion. Like I said, Staehly is a very good player, Creighton always gets good middle guys, him and Soto wether it's this year or next will be a good double play duo.
quote:
Originally posted by RRF8:
Do you have to be 21 prior to the draft? If turn 21 in July or August after your junior year of college are you still eligible for the draft?

It is either/or. You need to be either 21 or after your junior year. I'm not positive about the cutoff date, but believe you need to be 21 by Aug 15th to be draft eligible for that year.
not this many, maybe a few. I see a ton of kids that are all-stars in high school go to college and not pan out. It's a different game and if your not committed to it and getting better, stronger, workign at it you will get left in the dust. The same can be said for kids who are sophmore's in HS going to be Varsity players. Some kids lose interest, others start believing they are the best and don't work as hard, etc. That's why no matter where your at right now you should continue to work hard and get better.
quote:
Originally posted by JKennedy:
On a happier note... Junior has finally made up his mind. And believe it or not, I still have a day or two of vacation left. Sean Kennedy to Jacksonville University. And before anyone suggests it... No. I am NOT changing my screen name to Dolphin Dad. That's not even funny. Really. Wink

DolphinPapi? Big Grin

Congrats to Sean. All the best this upcoming season and beyond. Enjoy...
He has to be one of the first IL kids to go to Jacksonville in a very long time to play baseball. With everyone talking about showcases in Florida and other states, I am curious where a Jacksonville seen him? Was it at an event or game up here, something down there, or inbetween? It always intrigues me where these out of state school's see the players at.
The NSC is really stacked with arms. I believe that makes 5 guys from the NSC to give verbals to D-1 teams.

Firth- Clemson
Robin- Ohio
Sorkin- ISU
McDowell- SIU-Edwardsville
Kennedy- Jacksonville

I believe Mundelein has a kid who can go D-1 and Barton still hasn't committed yet. I only can think of Booden as the only pitcher that went D-1 form last year. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Last edited by fastball09
Rohe went to Carthage. They have a kid that is going to be a senior that is pretty good. I just can't remember his name.

Stevenson is a pretty weak hitting team. They lost to Libertyville in 9 innings over the summer tourney 2-1 or 3-2 can't remember. Sorkin went against them and let up 2 runs in 8 innings off something like 4 hits. Barton and McDowell combined for something like 18 k's in 9 for Libertyville. My point is they have great pitching, but weak hitting and in a conference staked with arms that could be a problem.
Last edited by fastball09
Good to hear, I was always curious. Must have seen enough in a quick time to like him. I seen that showcase criticized because it doesn't give the scouts a long enough time to see the players but Stevenson continues to be one of the best spots players get seen at. Good for him, he'll be playing games outside in January while kids here will be hitting in tunnels wearing boots and ski hats to the car.
RRF8 what? That is one of the most off the wall questions of all time. On top of it, who are we to judge who trains the hardest? I think you are trying to start a pis*ing contest about something so subjective. But if I had to guess, I am sure you would nominate someone from the University of PR as the hardest worker of every kid in the nation.
Last edited by ChiSox6
RRF I don't know what the intention of the post was but there is a very good section called strength and conditioning on this site that covers workout topics pretty well. Many good books on the subject, one I liked is called bigger, faster stronger. If your son is indeed at Pr I am sure Coach Haskins already has them doing conditioning, speed, lifting and throwing for the fall. IF he needs more than his school supplies there are a variety of workout facilities in Crystal Lake many that have been used by pr, cg and mc kids for a while now.
Last edited by 2bagger

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.