Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

There is a lot of rumblings up here in the Fox Valley regarding 2009 players, some notables, and what schools are courting them:

Jerad Grundy, Johnsburg: Miami (FL), UNC, Florida St., Wisconsin
Nolan Jacoby, Prairie Ridge: Illinois, Illinois State, UIC, Indiana, Air Force
Will Mack, Prairie Ridge: NIU, Bucknell, SIU
Craig Lipp, Huntley: South Car., Coastal Carolina, Illinois, Ohio State
Kurt Schmidt, Grayslake Central: Michigan, Illinois State
Ian Gardeck, CL South: Vanderbilt, North Carolina State, UIC, Georgia Southern
RRF8....who are the other guys in the FVC that you think might be D-1 picks? What about Tanner Funke from Huntley? fvcfan08 you are off on some of your schools for Gardeck and Schmidt. Schools interested in Gardeck are: Valpo, Butler, Eastern Illinois, UIC and for Schmidt: Valpo, Yale, & Central Michigan. Both are very good players and should have a commitment some time soon.
quote:
Originally posted by theGLOVE12:
Not trying to start anything, but do you guys really think you should be stating what schools certain kids are interested in and who they have offers from? I think that is their business...especially if the information isn't completely true.

If the information is true, what different does it make? I think most of these guys are just trying to talk about guys in their area that they are proud of. I know that's what I am thinking. I know that my info. is true because I have contact with these players. I wish them all the best of luck; it's a very exciting time for them. Ulitmately it's up to the guys to make their decision on what school fits them the best.
I'm not saying it's wrong to be proud of the kids in your area. I'm saying its wrong if someone posts that this kid is interested in these schools and someone else posts no that is not true and they are interested in these schools.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChiSox6:
RRF8....who are the other guys in the FVC that you think might be D-1 picks? What about Tanner Funke from Huntley? fvcfan08 you are off on some of your schools for Gardeck and Schmidt. Schools interested in Gardeck are: Valpo, Butler, Eastern Illinois, UIC and for Schmidt: Valpo, Yale, & Central Michigan. Both are very good players and should have a commitment some time soon.[/QUOTE

I think it's great everyone wants to share info because they are happy for their friends/friends' kids, but if the information is not 100% correct then that is just controversy in the making.
This is a message board, not a courtroom. This is about what people hear, maybe they heard from the kid or someone who knows the kid and they are posting on it. Maybe they are dead wrong on where the kid is going, who cares. They are stating opinions and telling you what they are hearing. Nothing is facts until the kid signs on the dotted line and then it's still not fact because they can back out. You guys get too caught up in saying that nobody can mention anything unless they know 100%, well guess what, nobody is going to know 100% that's the beauty of a chat room type of forum. Give it a break with trying to discredit everyone or say they are out of line cause they aren't.

Thought Nelson from Cary was only going into his junior year. Cary has alot of talent. Fox Valley does have some very good players in it this year.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.