Skip to main content

Thanks for the kind words.

Josh was impressed with Coach Metzger and believes the young and dedicated coaching staff will help him continue to improve his game. They already have a quality group of players that Josh klnows and likes, Dillon Napoleon from New Trier, hsbaseballweb's own Jon Weaver from Leyden, and ex-Blues players Eric Aguilera, Matt Igara, and the Crook bros.just to name a few. They will have a brand new turf stadium and they care about the acedemics. I think Josh made a wise choice and I am proud of him. Plus, I can see my share of games.
Last edited by bballdad1954
quote:
Originally posted by bballdad1954:
Thanks for the kind words.

Josh was impressed with Coach Metzger and believes the young and dedicated coaching staff will help him continue to improve his game. They already have a quality group of players that Josh klnows and likes, Dillon Napoleon from New Trier, hsbaseballweb's own Jon Weaver from Leyden, and ex-Blues players Eric Aguilera, Matt Igara, and the Crook bros.just to name a few. They will have a brand new turf stadium and they care about the acedemics. I think Josh made a wise choice and I am proud of him. Plus, I can see my share of games.

I might have told you this before but Coach Metzger is a friend of mine. One of my players played for him at Heartland. He had a great experience. I also think that Coach Metzger has surrounded himself with some great baseball people. I've spent some time with them at various clinics and they know their stuff.
Josh did not have any offers. He had some contacts and was advised to wait until spring if he wanted to play D1. In the end, he really felt that he will have a positive experience at Heartland. He may be able to play at a D1 school down the road, as many JUCO players do.

Heartland was not something he settled for, it was something he wanted to do because of the coaches, new facilities, and the other players there.
Congrats to Josh Levy! this is truely a first class kid! he can also play baseball. he is a strong hitter and has a great arm (he can catch and also play the outfield). this kid will be an impact player at heartland. my prediction is this will position him to go on to a D1 program after 2 years! He is joining some solid players already there. he is a leader and will shine at the next level!! for anextra treat have him and his dad sing old dylan songs........on second thought...watch this young man on the baseball field! way to go!
St Louis area (MO & Il)

MIKE BUCCHINO-UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS(SLUH)
DANE OPEL-UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI (Edwardsville)
GARRISON MCLAGAN-UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI(Home-schooled)
BRANNON CHAMPAGNE-UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI(St Charles West)
NATE GORO-WICHITA STATE(Lafayette)
KYLE GRIESHABER-UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE(Marquette
ERIK SHANAHAN-UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS(Collinsville)
ALex Belew-Austin Peay (Zumwalt West)
Ryan Richardson-John Logan College(Parkway North)
John Hogan-Austin Peay(Vianney)
Tony Schaeffer-SIU-Edwardsville (Carlyle)
Joel Greatting- SIUE (Columbia)
Jake Powers-U of I Chicago (Howell Central)
SCOTT SOMMERFELD-UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS (Parkway South)
ANDY HEIFNER-UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI(St Charles West)
ANDREW WILSON-HEARTLAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Logan Uxa-Arkansas State-(Ladue)
Keenan Maddux-Missouri State (Parkway West)
DREW STANTON-JEFFERSON COLLEGE (Oakville)
Dan Tobik-UT Martin (Parkway West)
TYLER MISCHEL-JEFFCO (OAKVILLE)
DREW LEVI- JEFFCO (OAKVILLE)
Luke Voit-John A. Logan (Lafayette)
Ryan Huck-Western Kentucky (Oakville)
Nick Tindall-SIU-Carbondale (O'Fallon)
Josh Scharff-Yale (Ladue)
JOSH SCHNABLE-MISSOURI SOUTHERN (Vianney)
Mike Bibas- Meremac Community College (Vianney)
Matt Borgschulte-Western Kentucky (Parkway Central)
Max Windsor-Longview Community College (Washington, MO)
Let me throw in a late congratulations & "way to go" to BB Dad & Josh upon reading the news about Heartland. I haven't been able to get on here in awhile and it was nice to review all the recent commits.
We look forward to seeing Josh over the winter break and playing against him when our schools meet. Always a pleasure to be around Josh & his dad.
Also nice to hear about Robert Kennedy & Bradley. Both schools landed top players!
Last edited by BBFan58

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.