Skip to main content

Congrats to all the local boys representing Texas in this past weekends Baseball Factory's UA Preseason America tournament held in Tucson!

Here are some of the local DFW boys which were selected:

Texas Team
R. Good - Alvarado 2010
A. Holmes -Bedford 2010
J. Reyna - Cedar Hill 2010
S. Ackley - Purdon 2009
B. Ragira - Arlington 2009
B. Besworth - Flower Mound 2010
R. Doerhoff - Flower Mound 2010

Lone Star Team
J. Hawes - Flower Mound 2010
R. Mitchell - Southlake 2009
B. Taylor - Plano 2009
M. Miller - Mansfield 2010

Texas went 2-0-1 beating the American team and the California team. They tied with the South team 3-3.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

$0 to be chosen Smile

Recruiting services just like PG or any other recruiting services, you pay for what you get, video, eval, instruction, recruiting assistance/advice/consultations etc.

Son enjoyed it! Steve Phillips was the quest speaker on Friday night and he was awesome! Mingled with all the parents and players.

B. Ragira will have a shot at playing at Wrigley Field in the Fall.
Nothing is free ppl!

The boys above were blessed to have been selected and have parents that were able to get them there.

Believe me I know some kids that were NOT selected. Its not an automatic selection process.

Over 7,000 kids attended their events in '08, only 300 got selected and some of them were from the previous year mainly seniors. AND only 36 will make the Wrigley Game in the Fall.

Those that we selected and couldn't make it, Congrats to them too!
YD09-
The boys were divided into 20 teams with about 13-15 on each. They try and keep boys from the same general region together.
In the Texas, South, America, California pool, there was some awesome pitching. Texas had a lefty from the Austin area that did very well. As well as opposing team's pitchers.
I guess it just depended what pool you were in. Typically pitchnig is ahead of the hitters this early in the year.

Roundballer
"It ain't the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.