Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Ryanrod23:
bsbl247,

It was a pleasure to meet you and good luck to your son in his college search! He will do just fine. Forgot what jersey number he was wearing...Nice game we played today.

RR23

It was nice to meet you as well RR23. Thank you, my son was wearing #2 and batting leadoff. He wasn't listed on the official roster, as he joined this team just a few days prior to the tourney. Best of luck to your son!
Last edited by bsbl247
quote:
Any hsbaseballwebbies coming? RR23Jr's team was split into 2 to gain more exposure so 2 games per player.

Hi Rod,

We'll be there on Friday, Oct 22 at 10am, Mariners field 8, playing against the SGV Arsenal. The Coach told Sam he is pitching in this game.

Is Ryan still on the Angels for this showcase or on another team?

If anyone else is gonna be around about this time I would enjoy meeting you there.

Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Coach Waltrip:
quote:
Any hsbaseballwebbies coming? RR23Jr's team was split into 2 to gain more exposure so 2 games per player.

Hi Rod,

We'll be there on Friday, Oct 22 at 10am, Mariners field 8, playing against the SGV Arsenal. The Coach told Sam he is pitching in this game.

If anyone else is gonna be around about this time I would enjoy meeting you there.

Steve

Did you mean field #2? My son is on Field 1 and has the 7:30 AM game before yours, ouch! I am assuming your son is on the AZ Pro Cubs? If he's going to pitch he might as well pitch against a good team like SGV.
Steve,

Good luck to Sam against SGV. Great experience! Yes Ryan still playing for Angels White.

Friday: vs ABA NM @ Padre#3 130PM
vs CCB Elite,CA @Padre #3 400PM

Sunday: vs Elite BB,CA Mariner#6 1PM

Would probably miss Friday games due to work but will be there Sunday.

@GEDDad10 & warningtrack..It should be nice weather in low-mid 80s this weekend.

Good Luck to everyone!

RR23
Last edited by Ryanrod23
I hope I get to meet a few of you this weekend. I'm bringing my EDH Vipers team down, we leave this evening. We're on Mariner's #6 tomorrow for 8:00 and 10:30 games. Padres 3 on Saturday at 4:00 and the main stadium on Sunday at 8:00.

I'm hoping the weather has cooled off by now. It was hot when we were at PG championships in late September.
quote:
Originally posted by BOF:
My son made his last trip there last week....
Us too, great memories and the best baseball we've seen since the summer of 2008. BTW - anyone know an older black guy, named Darrell or Daryl,(sp?) who was at the AZ SR Classic as a scout or cross-checker?

He is a big guy, an ex-pro football player now in baseball? I missed his last name. Thanks in advance for any help.

GED10DaD
Last edited by GunEmDown10
quote:
Originally posted by warningtrack:
quote:
Originally posted by Coach Waltrip:
quote:

Hi Rod,

Steve

Did you mean field #2? My son is on Field 1 and has the 7:30 AM game before yours, ouch! I am assuming your son is on the AZ Pro Cubs? If he's going to pitch he might as well pitch against a good team like SGV.

Oh, you're right....dang it I just sent like 8 or 10 coaches emails listing field 8...What a dope I am...Oh well...

Yeah, Sam is playing for the AZ Pro Cubs and I'm hoping for the best against the SGV Arsenal who have a reputation as a very good team. At least this is a wood bat showcase! LOL!!!!

I'll be there and probably catch the end of your son's game. I'll be the middle aged white guy with reading glasses on and be wearing a hat with a blue rim and a black top with a "D" on it for Dobson High school.
quote:
Steve,

Good luck to Sam against SGV. Great experience! Yes Ryan still playing for Angels White.

Friday: vs ABA NM @ Padre#3 130PM
vs CCB Elite,CA @Padre #3 400PM

Sunday: vs Elite BB,CA Mariner#6 1PM

Would probably miss Friday games due to work but will be there Sunday.

@GEDDad10 & warningtrack..It should be nice weather in low-mid 80s this weekend.

Good Luck to everyone!

RR23

Thanks Rod, I'm hearing great things about Ryan.

Take care...
Steve
quote:
Originally posted by BOF:
Weather forecast for Fri 78/Sat 81/Sun 86

Does not get much better than that for baseball in Az.

Good luck to all you guys. My son made his last trip there last week. Enjoy!

That weather forecast was pretty close, except for missing the fact that it was going to rain on Friday. We played through about an hour of rain in our 10:30 game on Friday. It did clear up after noon, though. The rest of the weekend was wonderful.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.