Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for the heads up. It would be nice to discuss New England/Northeast commits here in this forum though. They haven't even changed that section to 2010 Commitments yet.

I've read Colin *** (OF) from Franklin, MA has verbaled to UMaine......but that's just "rumor" at this point.

Also, Matthew Verrier (C) from Oxford Hills H.S. (ME) verbaled to UMaine last year.

**Edit**.....Pretty sad that this board will not allow me to spell the last name of the first kid......it rhymes with "hay"
Last edited by mainejeff
Clippers 2010 Committments as of 11/3:
Ryan Pennell LHP from Rye Neck, NY to Elon Univ

John Pilla MIF from Ardsley, NY to Young Harris

Bill Demersky LHP from Mahopac, NY to Young Harris

John Mellville RHP from Kingston, NY to U of New Haven

Joesy Espinal OF from Beacon, NY to Albany

Chris King C from RI to Coastal Carolina U

TJ Olesczuk SS from Cortlandt, NY to Winthrop U

Colin Moran 3B from Rye, NY to UNC-Chapel Hill

Ian Anderson P/3B from Carmel,NY to St Lawrence

Ryan Gallardo C from Alpharetta, GA to Univ of Tenn.

James Hood C/OF from Missouri to Central Missouri

Brandon Serio RHP from Katonah,NY to the University of Rhode Island

Jon Casten C to Mercy College

Gaston Rojas CF from Carmel NY to the University of Buffalo.

Brian Sullivan OF/3B from Iona Prep has committed to Lafayette College.

Jim McGowan MIF from Mahopac HS to Southern New Hampshire Univ.

John Maloney C from Mahopac HS to High Point University.

Joe Mercurio OF from Mahopac HS is headed to Guilford Tech

Chris Erker LHP from Mahopac HS is headed to Guilford Tech
Last edited by Coach Merc
Matt,

Congrats on Franklin Pierce!! As I graduate I wish you well!!

Now that you've decided and I assume signed your NLI you need to shut down the pitching and save your arm before you do permanent damage and are being introduced to Tommy john!! You state you will be a fielder in college so you have nothing to prove on the mound. Ya you'd like to see your team do well but maybe with you not on the mound you'll be helping the program for the future as the freshman and sophomore pitchers will get more innings while developing for the future. Seriously while I love your desire and toughness you too have a future to prepare for as well and blowing out your elbow doing something you won't be asked to do in college is not the best way to go about it!

Think long and hard before you step on the mound again!

To end on a positive note...again congrats on playing baseball at the next level!!
Ditto Matt - get to an orthopedist, don't try to be a hero...

Your previous comment of a "twinge" down the arm could be a nerve thing and not a ligament thing. My oldest son had what's known as Ulnar Transposition surgery (google it). It's very common with kids who pitch and have had an injury that's healed. The nerve goes over the old injury and you get that sensation like someone "hit your funny bone". You can massage this manually by bending your elbow and finding the nerve in between the elbow point and bone just under the bend in the elbow. That's where the nerve runs.

If you get tingling in your pinky and ring finger or wake up with them feeling numb, then this "could" be what your feeling. We saw Dr Heaps in Nashua and Dr Vailas in Manchester. It's 6 months of time as opposed to 1 year of time for Tommy John

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.