Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Probably cant be of too much help in this district as far as particular players, but Ill offer the following:

Westfield seems in pretty good shape on paper. Hoover has to be a bonafide #1 guy for them if they are to be at the top of the district again.

I like Oakton and Herndon a lot coming into this season. Both with younger coaches who did a nice job last season and with lots of players back this year..

Robinson looks to be tough as well. THey took their lumps last year but still ended up playing eventual state champs WS tough in the first round. Lots of returners if Im not mistaken.

Dont know much about Chantilly. But their coach has been there before so thats always something to keep in mind...
Last edited by vabaseballfan
Centreville is going to be able to swing it, but they have no pitching at all. Expect games with scores like 9-7 and 10-6. It's a shame too because Spencer could've helped change it a bit, but he used an exclusive 2-man staff last year with Ashooh and Bach. No one on Centreville has more than 3 innings of varsity pitching.
I can speak a little about Herndon.

For varying reasons, several of the seniors decided not to return, as did one promising sophomore. Just a different time for the program, I think; partly, its a change in the demographics of the area (fewer players try out), part of it is that there are more competing sport choices, and part of it is that there is a certain amount of upperclassman attrition that just seems to hang over the program.

On the more positive side, it will give the underclassmen opportunities to step up and test themselves. Juniors Tyler Reif (lhp/of), and Matt Smith (catcher) should have productive years. Senior Dylan Garten (who can basically play anywhere they need him) has committed to Shepard University.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.