Skip to main content

The WBC and WWF are pleased to sponsor this year's thread regarding the 2012 all SED predictions. In the far corner from Chesapeake, Virginia via Hickory High School wearing blue trucks, we have Matt Campbell and Tyler Best sponsored by Diamond Stalker and Matthews41. In the near corner from Suffolk, Virginia via Nansemond River High School wearing red trunks, we have Brandon Lowe and Tyler Brown sponsored by Go Dawgs.

There will be no low blows, head butts or cuffing.
Combatants will go to a neutral corner during any standing eight counts or when told by the referee.
Begin boxing or should I say campaigning?

Almost forgot, who gets POY?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Classic!!!

But just to defend myself... I only said that I thought the double play tandem of Campbell and Best was the best in the SED.

I did not go out and say who was the better players at the SS and 2b positions. I will quote Redbird: "I don't think you can go wrong with either SS. They are both studs."

I also believe that the same applies to/ with each 2d basemen.
Last edited by mathews41
Stephen Lorkiewicz is far from the best in the SED!!! You can't even put him up with Campbell, Lowe, Best and Brown. On the other hand and this is food for thought, what if the voting goes Lowe at SS and Campbell at 2B. I know that leaves Best and Brown out, but you could put Brown at the utility spot. It would just suck for Best cause I don't know where that would leave him. I mean both Lowe and Campbell are great well round people. I know McPherson is only sophmore, but we have 3 ACC SS in the SED. That is insane!
Go Dawgs, I agree with you. The sad that is, that one of these kids will get hung out to dry. There is just way to much talent in the District this year. I sure would like to be in that meeting. I know there as been a lot of talent come through the SED, but I'd have to say this years group may be the most consistent as far as numbers go.

Vann C, Cody 3B, Brooks OF, Moore OF, Blake 1B, Lowe SS, Campbell 2B, Brown U.... I don't know it's complicated! Does anyone think Bennett could get it for pitching 6-1 record, not sure about the ERA!
nrbb07, and that is the problem you encounter when picking by position. It makes no sense. I am aware that the regional and state teams are also picked by position, but that does not make it right. People once thought that the world was flat. A very deserving player who is among the top ten or twelve players (and, in this case, among the top five or six players) will be relegated to the second teams simply because he is not the best at a particular position. Of course, we can always shuffle him to another position as was done two years ago!
Last edited by El gato
I'll never get bent outta shape. I was just trying to give both 1st Team props because they both deserve them. I could see some of the coaches doing it that way. It honestly may not make much sense, but they are both really good!
quote:
Originally posted by playright:
Cambell at 2B just doesn't sound right. Cambell 1st team SS, Lowe 2nd Team SS. just my opinion so dont get bent out of shape

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.