Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Emanski's Heroes:
From what I've read about Joshn Henderson, if this is true it's a real nice get for Liberty. I know that the family places a high priority on their faith (Josh's brother is an FCA rep in Richmond). So, I'm guessing that's a huge part of the draw for Liberty. Regardless, congrats to Josh and Coach Toman.

Yes, I would say it is a HUGE get for Liberty. Most likely, their first PG All-American (formerly AFLAC).

Josh's faith played a large role in his recruitment and her spurned offers from virtually every major school in the country. We are very proud of Josh.
The Davidson Wildcats have earned the commitment of Cardinals 3B/1B Aaron Tovsky, of T.C. Williams High School in Alexandria.

Congratulations to Aaron on finding a home at one of the nation's top schools for a true scholar-athlete!

Aaron is the 9th Division I commitment for our Virginia Cardinals team this year, and our 8th in the class of 2012.
VaPreps is reporting that Michael Taylor from Christchurch has committed to Marshall.

Taylor is has "the look" that coaches want out of a RHP. 6ft 6in with a super loose arm.

You can see him here... http://www.playinschool.com/pa...national/taylor.html

It has also come to my knowledge that his teammate from Christchurch, Travis Myers, will also be his teammate at Marshall.

Myers is a primary catcher that can play any of the corner positions. At 6ft 2in and 205lbs he swings a sold bat.

You can see him here...
http://www.playinschool.com/pa...snational/myers.html

Rich
www.playinschool.com
Patrick Gardner is the definition of "cool under pressure". On the hill his demeanor is constant no matter if his team is ahead or behind. I think that type of self control (discipline) might be one of the attributes that West Point found attractive. That and his smooth, repeatable, delivery from the from the left side.

Gardner played for Donnie Phillips RBA West Elite team and had many quality outings this past summer.

Deep Run's Coach Hicks sure has a lot of talent coming back next year!

If you dont know Gardner, you can see him here....
http://www.playinschool.com/rb...t_elite/gardner.html

Rich
www.playinschool.com
quote:
Originally posted by PIS:
Patrick Gardner is the definition of "cool under pressure". On the hill his demeanor is constant no matter if his team is ahead or behind. I think that type of self control (discipline) might be one of the attributes that West Point found attractive. That and his smooth, repeatable, delivery from the from the left side.

Gardner played for Donnie Phillips RBA West Elite team and had many quality outings this past summer.

Deep Run's Coach Hicks sure has a lot of talent coming back next year!

If you dont know Gardner, you can see him here....
http://www.playinschool.com/rb...t_elite/gardner.html

Rich
www.playinschool.com

That two seamer looks pretty good. I would imagine he gets quite a few groundballs and quite a bit of poor contact off that thing.
http://nvtblstars.com

Stars Kevin Lachance, 2012, verbally commits to UMBC.
2012 graduate, Centreville High School Shortstop Kevin Lachance has accepted an offer and verbally committed to play for Coach Bob Mumma’s Retrievers. The University Of Maryland Baltimore County was named America’s #1 “Up-and-Coming” national university by U.S. News & World Report and the Princeton Review recognizes UMBC in a variety of academic areas. The new coaching staff at UMBC have their sights set on building the baseball program to the top of the America East Conference and the NCAA Division 1 Regional’s. They are very excited about Kevin’s decision. Kevin is an extremely competitive player with an unwavering work ethic. He had an outstanding summer and Junior season playing for Coach Spencer at Centreville, making 1st-Team All Concorde District. The Stars coaches congratulate Kevin and the Lachance family!
Stars Tim Davis, 2012, verbally commits to Georgetown University.

2012 graduate, Madison High School RHP Tim Davis has accepted an offer and verbally committed to play for Coach Pete Wilk’s Georgetown University Hoyas. The Georgetown Coaches were very impressed with Tim’s smooth delivery, his presence on the mound and his athleticism fielding his position. Tim has worked very hard this Fall, raising his velocity to 88 MPH in recent showcase events. With his continued development, he is projected to be among the top pitchers in the Liberty District next Spring when he takes the mound for Coach Gjromand’s James Madison HS Warhawks. The Stars coaches congratulate Tim and the Davis family!
Stars Michael Byrne, 2012, verbally commits to Cornell University.

2012 graduate, Michael Byrne, LHP/1B, who plays for Coach Kevin Healy’s Langley High School Saxons, has verbally committed to play in the Ivy League for Cornell University. The Cornell University Big Red are coached by Bill Walkenbach. A pulled muscle in Michael’s stomach, side-lined him from pitching the entire summer. He is a very good left handed hitter, so he contributed all summer with the bat. When he completed his rehab and was ready to get back on the mound this fall, everyone was impressed with his 87-89 MPH fastball and his sharp breaking pitches. We all knew Michael had it in him, but we did not know that his velocity would reach that level so soon after he started pitching. He put in a lot of hard work at the Prospects Sports Training Facility working with Pitching & Strength Trainers. The Stars coaches congratulate Michael and the Byrne family!
quote:
Originally posted by PIS:
Gabe was mentioned a couple of pages back.

I have new found respect for UMBC after seeing the 60 Minute story a couple weeks ago. You can see it here...http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7388127n&tag=contentBody;storyMediaBox

I hope this doesn't throw this thread into tail spin. Perhaps anyone interested in following up could start a new thread.

Rich
www.playinschool.com

great article. Thanks for sharing.
Last edited by mathews41

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.