Skip to main content

Anybody else headed to the Senior Fall Classic tomorrow?   

My guy is looking forward to it.  Been in communication with several schools -- mostly D3's but also one D1 and a couple of D2's.   Unfortunately,  he's still a little bit sore from the fastball he took on the wrist two weeks ago.  But he's hoping adrenalin and advil will get him through the weekend. 

Anyway, good luck to all!

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I will be there.  Son is in the Academic Try-out and pitches on Saturday.

Originally Posted by SluggerDad:

Anybody else headed to the Senior Fall Classic tomorrow?   

My guy is looking forward to it.  Been in communication with several schools -- mostly D3's but also one D1 and a couple of D2's.   Unfortunately,  he's still a little bit sore from the fastball he took on the wrist two weeks ago.  But he's hoping adrenalin and advil will get him through the weekend. 

Anyway, good luck to all!

cool event so far.   The thing that strikes me most, though, is that there are still this many really good players -- and mostly just from the West -- still uncommitted.  I just ran across a stud we know from the Perfect Game circuit -- constantly rated a 9 by PG over many events, many top prospect lists, all tournament team in many elite tournaments,  big strong, fast corner outfielder with pop.   Still not committed -- though I'm thinking  he must have offers lined up.  He may be an extreme case, but lots of high level talent here, not yet committed. I'm somewhat surprised, but maybe shouldn't be.   First time through this rat race.  

But it just goes to show what a competitive rat race it is, trying to find a suitable place to play in college.   The one up side is that there are still lots of schools out there looking for players to sign. 

Last edited by SluggerDad
You will find many studs at the Senior Classic who are signed as well.  Just about every MLB team has scouts there as well.

Originally Posted by SluggerDad:

cool event so far.   The thing that strikes me most, though, is that there are still this many really good players -- and mostly just from the West -- still uncommitted.  I just ran across a stud we know from the Perfect Game circuit -- constantly rated a 9 by PG over many events, many top prospect lists, all tournament team in many elite tournaments,  big strong, fast corner outfielder with pop.   Still not committed -- though I'm thinking  he must have offers lined up.  He may be an extreme case, but lots of high level talent here, not yet committed. I'm somewhat surprised, but maybe shouldn't be.   First time through this rat race.  

But it just goes to show what a competitive rat race it is, trying to find a suitable place to play in college.   The one up side is that there are still lots of schools out there looking for players to sign. 

Originally Posted by Kyle Boddy:
Originally Posted by prepared:

Getting bits of information at a time.  Having a blast.  Enjoying the level of ball and great weather.  Learning.  Good contacts and feedback.  Man wish I was there.

Is there a good place to read about results? I have two clients pitching in the event.

Baseball America writer Clint Longenecker has written a couple of pieces - BA site

Originally Posted by Kyle Boddy:

Getting bits of information at a time.  Having a blast.  Enjoying the level of ball and great weather.  Learning.  Good contacts and feedback.  Man wish I was there.

Is there a good place to read about results? I have two clients pitching in the event.

Baseball America writer Clint Longenecker has written a couple of pieces - BA site

Anyone

Anyone else have a source?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.