Skip to main content

Trey McDyre, 2016 SS/IF from Loudoun Valley, has committed to Liberty.

This is terrific news.  Not only is Trey the 4th LV Viking to commit to Liberty (and the 5th D1 commit) out of the 2015 and 2016 classes, but Trey is a special young man and a special athlete.  He has been an "old school" 3 sport star for years.  He will graduate with 12 letters and has a legit shot at making all state in baseball, basketball and football (may already have done it 2 of these sports).  Great family and well deserving young man who just wins and always leads.

A few more EvoShield Canes committed:

Nick Neville, INF/OF, Lake Braddock, to Notre Dame

Brett Kreyer, LHP, Stonebridge, to Lafayette

Zach Seal, INF, Georgetown Prep, to Wake Forest

Cody Schneider, OF, Hickory, to Radford

A few others:

Michael Parson, LHP, Norfolk Academy, to Dartmouth

Korey Singh, 1B, James River, to JMU

Originally Posted by redbird5:

A few more EvoShield Canes committed:

Nick Neville, INF/OF, Lake Braddock, to Notre Dame

Brett Kreyer, LHP, Stonebridge, to Lafayette

Zach Seal, INF, Georgetown Prep, to Wake Forest

Cody Schneider, OF, Hickory, to Radford

A few others:

Michael Parson, LHP, Norfolk Academy, to Dartmouth

Korey Singh, 1B, James River, to JMU

Nick: defines perseverance! 

Brett's curve from the left + Connor Jones' changeup from the right: Lafayette continues to improve.

Michael P: clearly his parental DNA was passed along. Great fit.

Korey: very happy he found a place for that big bat.

Originally Posted by Redsdad:

Congrats to Alex Smith, C, Mt. View HS for his commitment to Navy where he will continue his playing career but more importantly prepare to serve his country. 

I think that's five or six Commonwealth players going to the Naval Academy to play ball. Those are special young men indeed.

Originally Posted by 2016baseballdad:
I would also like to add. Although I don't know these young men that will playing in Annapolis. As a Marine. I 110% appreciate your dedication and ability to to serve US first. I wish you  all the best in all of your endeavors.

As a 20-year vet and coach when one of my guys expresses an interest in one of the service academies the first thing I ask myself "is this a person I would trust with the lives of others".  At the risk of putting myself in the line of fire I really don't see a commitment to Navy, AF, West Point, etc. as a commitment to play ball but rather a commitment to service.  When that coach calls to talk about their potential recruit, due to my background I don't talk to their baseball skills; rather, character, integrity, and ability to be part of a team.     

For the kid who is high academic and interested in a career in service, baseball is a great way to get into one of the academies.  Getting a congressional appointment is darned well impossible, but each program has a certain number of admissions slots for recruited athletes. 

Really that's how it should be -- use your baseball talents to advance your future, as opposed to seeing college as just an opportunity to keep playing with all other aspects of the college experience deprioritized.

Tyrin Everette '16, Greenbrier Christian, Tidewater Orioles and former Evo Canes player, has committed to Norfolk State University.

Tyrin joins others from his 13U 7Cities Blasters team as a D-1/college commit: Garrett Stallings-Tennessee; Harry Brown-Liberty; Carson Henry-ODU; John Fuqua-VMI; Michael Parsons-Dartmouth; and Wyatt Lam-Johns Hopkins; maybe others I don't know about.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.