Skip to main content

https://apple.news/AQF_s-mr1SpqK2eWPGdFQ3g

Do I have issues with 11.7 and 3rd assistant being shut down (hopefully not next vote)? Yes. 
Do I recognize the impact of football on athletic budgets - yes! and these figures show it at the Power 5 level. Though it’s hard  to envision football being in a budget at the lowest conference levels in 2050 or sooner. The amount of grade school programs without football now in a 50 mile radius of where we live is staggering compared to just 15 years ago.  It’s now showing up in HS rosters, even at local powerhouse programs, and will eventually decimate many small college football programs coupled with the budget requirements  to  operate a football program - for a few hundred fans in huge stadium and no TV revenue. 

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Meanwhile in Texas.....

The Longhorns program had more than $219 million in annual operating revenue and total operating expenses of just over $206.5 million during its 2018 fiscal year, according to its new annual financial report to the NCAA.

Texas provided the document to USA TODAY Sports on Tuesday evening, in response to an open-records request.

This is the second consecutive year in which Texas has had more than $200 million in both operating revenues and expenses in the same year. Texas was at nearly $215 million in revenue and $207 million in expenses in 2017.

While Texas' spending dropped by about $500,000 in 2018, the new expense total is still over $31 million more than any other Division I public school spent on its sports program during any of the 13 years for which USA TODAY Sports has compiled these data.  Michigan reported spending $175.4 million in 2017. Texas fields 20 teams, Michigan 29.

As always, the university attributed massive revenue to the Longhorns football program: $144.5 million, with more than $32 million attributed to each of three categories: ticket sales, contributions and a category that combines royalties, licensing, advertising and sponsorships.

Texas’ football revenue alone was more than the total athletics operating revenue reported for fiscal 2017 by all but 12 NCAA Division I public schools.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...nue-2018/2586818002/

22and25 posted:

Meanwhile in Texas.....

The Longhorns program had more than $219 million in annual operating revenue and total operating expenses of just over $206.5 million during its 2018 fiscal year, according to its new annual financial report to the NCAA.

Texas provided the document to USA TODAY Sports on Tuesday evening, in response to an open-records request.

This is the second consecutive year in which Texas has had more than $200 million in both operating revenues and expenses in the same year. Texas was at nearly $215 million in revenue and $207 million in expenses in 2017.

While Texas' spending dropped by about $500,000 in 2018, the new expense total is still over $31 million more than any other Division I public school spent on its sports program during any of the 13 years for which USA TODAY Sports has compiled these data.  Michigan reported spending $175.4 million in 2017. Texas fields 20 teams, Michigan 29.

As always, the university attributed massive revenue to the Longhorns football program: $144.5 million, with more than $32 million attributed to each of three categories: ticket sales, contributions and a category that combines royalties, licensing, advertising and sponsorships.

Texas’ football revenue alone was more than the total athletics operating revenue reported for fiscal 2017 by all but 12 NCAA Division I public schools.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...nue-2018/2586818002/

Texas  Baseball Budget 2009 - 2018

Texas Baseball Budget Last 10 years

Big 12 Conference Comparison

Big 12 Conference Comparison Report

Attachments

Images (2)
  • Texas Baseball Budget Last 10 years
  • Big 12 Conference Comparison Report

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.