Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Every team that doesn't make the playoffs should have a nice 3-part article written about them for the reasons why they didn't make the playoffs.   I suspect their article would be similar...injuries, stats and failure for the next tier of talent to step up.   I live in UVA country, and I've been hearing and reading this for two years....from the newspapers and the UVA baseball parents.   Time to look forward and do something about it like everybody else.  UVA will undoubtedly win many upcoming recruiting wars, so I wouldn't worry too much.   I see Coach Kuhn has moved on to become a HC.  Coach O'C has an opp to bring in somebody new as a PC to help him turn this thing around.  Time to roll up those sleeves.   They'll be back.

As always, JMO.   

Last edited by fenwaysouth
fenwaysouth posted:

Every team that doesn't make the playoffs should have a nice 3-part article written about them for the reasons why they didn't make the playoffs.   I suspect their article would be similar...injuries, stats and failure for the next tier of talent to step up.   I live in UVA country, and I've been hearing and reading this for two years....from the newspapers and the UVA baseball parents.   Time to look forward and do something about it like everybody else.  UVA will undoubtedly win many upcoming recruiting wars, so I wouldn't worry too much.   I see Coach Kuhn has moved on to become a HC.  Coach O'C has an opp to bring in somebody new as a PC to help him turn this thing around.  Time to roll up those sleeves.   They'll be back.

As always, JMO.   

Understood and agree. As stated, this was a article series from 2018, I would believe they have moved on, thought it might be good read for those that haven't been privy to the articles.

Good stuff.  Thanks for sharing your insights.

My favorite quote from ESPN at the 2017 Regionals....... on the UVA's Davenport field.....

"There will not be a repeat champion at the College World Series!"  when William & Mary, on a historic run, beat the reigning CWS champs UVA to put them out of competition.  W&M would go on to loose their next game to ECU, but by far, it was the best win in W&M history.  

I just had to remind everybody lol

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.