Skip to main content

So...NCAA just decertified my kid's bat for use in NCAA play.  For those of you who've seen things like this go down.  What do you think think the chances NFHS will do the same?  The didn't give any explanation in their press release.  Should I be digging for the receipt?

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.c...rDecertification.pdf

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Just purchased this bat for son a month ago. Called and talked to online site. They said they were just made aware and they have contacted Louisville Slugger and are waiting to hear back. It is just the 33 inch model and they think it is because the bat is out performing. They said that they would be taking care of their customers.

At this point, my son is in his senior year of HS and it has so far not been banned for use there, but concern is that it will be. 

Eokerholm posted:

That's the bat my son and teammates like. Not sure if they're swinging 33's or not. But the Meta was the most popular this summer/fall. 

Over half of our travel team had either the Meta Prime (red) or Meta (blue). Since most of the boys are over 6’ I’m guessing a lot of blue 33s in there.  
Lefty’s been in a bit of a slump lately. Thinks he’ll go back to his Solo if his Meta can’t be used for HS.  Get some different juju going.  

I was in the thick of this when the Demarini CF Zen youth bats were known to be the hottest bats around.  They were selling on eBay for hundreds above retail.  Just like the Meta Prime BBCOR from last year.  When they started to ban the Zen it was a few specific lengths first then the entire model year.  Once the sanctioning body is onto the design they will keep testing in all lengths and likely find enough that are out of spec to ban the whole model year in every length.

For the Zen,  they did not go back and ban the CF8 which was the same bat from the previous model year.  I would not be surprised to see the entire Meta model year decertified and the Meta Prime selling on eBay for North of $1,000 pretty soon.

Last edited by 22and25

Any more info on this? I went to the NCAA site and there is a list of decertified bats (in addition to the memo regarding the LS Meta) but many seem to be decertified due to a color scheme, as opposed to having too much pop. I don't think the memo specifies why the bat was decertified, but my reading comprehension has been getting worse as I get older. I wish I was being sarcastic about that, but I'm not. My own fallibility becomes more obvious every day... 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.