Skip to main content

@LousyLefty posted:

My player has both the 2020 Prime and Meta in 33inch models.  He said the swing/feel is almost identical between the two but (apparently so) the Meta had more pop.  The Prime has been sitting in the garage and has now moved to the bag.  Son said he has no qualms about transitioning between the two.  We haven't turned ours in yet.  May wait for a bit, as many of the bats we're looking at are currently out of stock, so might wait until towards the end of the window so the voucher will last a little longer.  Maybe get a 2021.  We are in full swing for season so being without and breaking in a new bat would be a bummer to do now.  

how did the Prime hold up vs. the Meta? obviously COVID put a damper on things, but curious..

@batsmash posted:

how did the Prime hold up vs. the Meta? obviously COVID put a damper on things, but curious..

We’re in CA so haven’t played a game since mid-March.   He hit with the Prime and sometimes Solo all through quarantine (we have a cage) and now have the 2021 Meta (got it mid June).  Every once in a while I’ll pull out the radar gun and check his Exit velo (mostly to keep him passionate about swinging hard).  The difference is the size of the sweet spot, Meta’s is the largest. Ironically the Solo has the highest (off a tee).  Keep in mind he’s only working in a 12x70 space. Now that the 21 Meta is here the Prime sees less cage time but I still think it’s a solid bat and don’t really know if it’s worth the additional $150(?) for the Meta.  
Really long post for me to say, I don’t know we aren’t playing much real baseball

@LousyLefty posted:

We’re in CA so haven’t played a game since mid-March.   He hit with the Prime and sometimes Solo all through quarantine (we have a cage) and now have the 2021 Meta (got it mid June).  Every once in a while I’ll pull out the radar gun and check his Exit velo (mostly to keep him passionate about swinging hard).  The difference is the size of the sweet spot, Meta’s is the largest. Ironically the Solo has the highest (off a tee).  Keep in mind he’s only working in a 12x70 space. Now that the 21 Meta is here the Prime sees less cage time but I still think it’s a solid bat and don’t really know if it’s worth the additional $150(?) for the Meta.  
Really long post for me to say, I don’t know we aren’t playing much real baseball

Do you know of any stores selling the 2021? Slugger doesn’t have it on their site. Saw it on eBay and it looks nice. 

@edcoach posted:

unless I was looking at the wrong bat they're still cheap on ebay 

There is an all metal model, a hybrid model, and an all composite model. The metal one (gold/black) is the one that is cheap on ebay. It is the composite bat (black/gold) that was reviewed in the video.  I am seeing a couple of composite listings. One 33" currently at $405, another 34" listed at $305, a rolled 33" currently at $460

Looks like I stumbled upon a super secret Slugger link for the new Meta. It is not to be shared!

https://www.slugger.com/en-us/...8-bbcor-baseball-bat

You have to pay with your voucher.  I find it interesting they have had the 2021 for almost 2 months now and haven’t released to the general public yet.  I must say they have been exceptional through this recall from a customer service standpoint.  

@LousyLefty posted:

You have to pay with your voucher.  I find it interesting they have had the 2021 for almost 2 months now and haven’t released to the general public yet.  I must say they have been exceptional through this recall from a customer service standpoint.  

The reviews seem to be pretty average. My son has the 2020 in a 32" but will likely need to move to a 33". He's been tearing it up this summer with a 33" wood bat, so no sense in going back to a 32. I'm going to keep an eye out for a used 2019 model that is not crazy expensive.

The reviews seem to be pretty average. My son has the 2020 in a 32" but will likely need to move to a 33". He's been tearing it up this summer with a 33" wood bat, so no sense in going back to a 32. I'm going to keep an eye out for a used 2019 model that is not crazy expensive.

The Baseball Bat Bros did a video on the 2021 Meta. Like mentioned before, average reviews. They said there is nowhere near as big of a sweet spot as the 2019 and 2020 models. We have seen a few kids with it in tournaments this summer. Obviously can't make any real observations on performance based on that. But the 2019 is definitely the one we keep seeing the most of. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.