Skip to main content

Just an FYI, the applications for the 2020 AZ Fall Classic Junior and Senior games are already open.  I believe much earlier than normal.  Thought I'd give you fine folks a heads up, as this is something many of our posters say is worth the money and the trip if you have a player that qualifies.  Of course I posted this AFTER I got Lefty's app in

https://azfallclassic.com/

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

LousyLefty posted:

Just an FYI, the applications for the 2020 AZ Fall Classic Junior and Senior games are already open.  I believe much earlier than normal.  Thought I'd give you fine folks a heads up, as this is something many of our posters say is worth the money and the trip if you have a player that qualifies.  Of course I posted this AFTER I got Lefty's app in

https://azfallclassic.com/

Wow, that is really early! I second the recommendation to get your kid on the list for the Academic Game try-outs as soon as possible, especially if he is a position player. They fill the spots on a first come-first serve basis.

Anyone out here for this weekend and the JR Fall classic and/or academic tryout? I do not know if it normal but there appears to be a LOT of people on the roster for the tryout. 35 C / 90 IF / 28 OF /65 P trying out for 6 catchers, 16 infielders, 12 outfielders, 2 DH, and 18-20 pitching spots.

Feel free to DM me if you are going to be hanging out during the tryout...we can give each other the secret HSBBW social distanced handshake!

Son was invited to play in the game. What an awesome experience...some legit players at the tryout. LOTS of smart kids play baseball! It was fun for son to meet and see kids from all over (SoCal, AZ, NM, WA, Co to name a few). 

He caught a kid throwing 86-88 with good command in the tryout and caught the MVPitcher in the game. 1/2 with a steal of 3rd. Also hit a catchers glove halfway down the 3rd baseline for a catcher interference (did not know he could still hit but learned after that while standing on first). 

Thanks to those here who talked about this over a year ago!

Attachments

Videos (1)
FullSizeRender

Thanks for the kind words JC/Rip/Senna/Dbelly! Nice to meet you briefly LousyLefty. 

After DM-ing Oski for the past 9 months it was such a treat to spend a bunch of time at the tryout and the game talking. Your kind and encouraging words about and to my son are appreciated. 

Got to let the board know that Oski’s boy is the real deal and I look forward to reading his name in the box scores from 2020-2024! Has a cannon of an arm and saw him hit a bomb on one of his 14 tryout swings. Congrats to you as well Oski!

My son is playing on the JR Academic Team that was available to kids that were going to try out and had no team. Game today at 3:30 on Mariner 5 and tomorrow at 11:00 on Padre 6. DM me if anyone is close by and wants to connect. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.