Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@2022NYC posted:

I could have sworn there was also another marketing slogan from DN for that tourney that states "Recruiting coordinators will be required to wear committed players filtering Oakleys"

LOL.

My son has a lot of friends playing in this one. Some uncommitted and several committed.

Sort of seems wrong to allow committed players to attend, for fun, at the expense of leaving out some uncommitteds...if the intentions were to have it as an uncommitted showcase.

And, for the record, my son is committed. So, it's not like I am squawking about losing an opportunity, personally.

If a player is uncommitted at this point there is usually something amiss. Either some coaches didn't do their homework or the player didn't do theirs. It's great for exposure to the lower tiered schools looking to fill out their rosters. And competing against the committed kids is a better barometer since the coaches already know most of the committed players from their own recruiting efforts. 

@Consultant posted:

Francis and NYC;

maybe the College Coaches are interested in evaluating the "Committed" player with the "Uncommitted" players.

If the "Committed" player does NOT measure up, can the College Coach change his selection?

Do you know the Cust Family owners of Diamond Nation?

Bob

The Cust are good people.

My understanding is that the NJ Garden State Games is more about the best from North(2), Central and South getting exposure regardless of being committed or not.

Bob I have not met the Cust family but I certainly contributed to development of their facility over the years of my kid playing there. To comment on Ozone's post, my son was a quasi late bloomer (Nov. birthday). He always played well for his age but played in his grad year. He has also been injured at unfortunate times that required missing national showcases and other "exposure events".  He is now peaking well and has been interacting with HA D1 & D3s, with one HA D3 showing a lot of interest and hopefully love after we meet next week. He is realistic about the post-pandemic recruiting climate and will maximize his exposure this summer barring any injury. Ozone what region is your school at and division/conf? Would you mind sharing your team's recruitment strategy for 2022s?

I would say it has less to do with who the top 100 players in the state are and more to do with which 100 players are liked the most by three guys.

As someone who has had multiple kids play in this event, I'm not bitter. But I am bitter for the teammates and friends who were snubbed by some lesser players because they did more events with _____ or at ________.

That being said, I'm grateful for the event, no cost and a ton of exposure. If you've ever been it is eye opening, a lot of committed kids who you question if they can really play at committed school level. A lot of overlooked guys who are going to make a "lesser" program very happy.

@PABaseball posted:

I would say it has less to do with who the top 100 players in the state are and more to do with which 100 players are liked the most by three guys.

As someone who has had multiple kids play in this event, I'm not bitter. But I am bitter for the teammates and friends who were snubbed by some lesser players because they did more events with _____ or at ________.

That being said, I'm grateful for the event, no cost and a ton of exposure. If you've ever been it is eye opening, a lot of committed kids who you question if they can really play at committed school level. A lot of overlooked guys who are going to make a "lesser" program very happy.

It is no different than any other Allstar game/showcase,  e.g. Carpenter Cup.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.