Skip to main content

The coaches just sent out info on the first practice for this Saturday. They also sent pics of the new uniforms which are pretty awesome. First tournament starts 5/21. The team looks pretty strong. I don't know if there will be enough quality pitching, but the top 2-3 kids are very good. Then it seems a few average PO's and a few position players who can throw it pretty good.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I am looking forward to my sons first true Summer ball season as a rising Freshman. The org we are in has all the 14U play 15U summer before starting high school. Still waiting to hear if son will be playing 15U or 16U. He played in 15 and 16u tournaments all last fall. The high school age groups have been having optional practices every weekend since Jan. Son has been attending when he has not had a tournament that weekend.

Just hoping to get a tournament schedule soon for our summer season. There are some differences of opinion on who is going to be heading up our 16u team and along with that is differences of what tournaments we are playing.  Also looks like they want us to head to East Cobb for the 16u WWBA National and then drive down to Sanford, FL right after for the PG World Series. Not too keen on that idea. Especially with the way the cost of rental cars is right now. But if things are headed the way I think they will, we will end up playing 6 tournaments from mid June to end of July.

“Biggest”, or most talented?

“East Cobb” is just a location that hosts 50+ tourneys this summer across all ages. Majority of them are no more competitive than what you’ll find in any other state on any given weekend.

I’d clarify to say PG WWBA Nats, World Series, and UBC, plus the PBR NPI and Nats @ LP and the USA Championship @ Cary are the most talented, even if a few are watered down. BCS has fallen off a bit it seems over the last couple of years, and doesn’t draw some of the top teams any more.

My son has played the PBC and is playing it again this year. Also playing the Black Bear. What would you like to know about the PBC?

Well, just curious about the level of exposure those events draw. Son has had 2 schools say they planned to be there and watch him. 2 others said they weren’t certain of the early June schedule.
He will be in the TOPPS showcase for the PBC.
We’re starting to look at hotels, how spread out is this event?  It can’t be any worse than Lakepointe events right?

Last edited by Tug Tide

There is a strong level of competition this year. There were definitely schools at the last event, but my son was playing 14u I think so that park didn't have the draw that the other parks had. Prospect Select does a pretty good job of blasting stuff out on social media.

If I were looking into hotels I would look for something in West Palm Beach. Palm Beach Gardens has nicer hotels and restaurants, but West Palm is central to the parks being used for the event. The last time they held this tournament they used a park called Santaluces Sports Complex and Ballpark of the Palm Beaches. I see this year they are also using Roger Dean and Lawnwood. Lawnwood is in Ft. Pierce and will be the only park that is out of the way. Probably 45-60 minutes from West Palm.

This will be our first summer on the "national" tournament circuit (USA, UBC, WWBA, WS).  Son will also be playing with his local travel team when not traveling.  Having only ever attended fall WWBA, we are interested to see what the level of competition will be at these "national" tournaments.  We did not think the fall WWBA pool play competition was that much better than what he saw locally.  Our travel teams can't start practicing until the high school season is over in early to mid June.

Last edited by IKETBD

My son’s fall coach last year says he requested to be in the hardest pool. I don’t know if he did or didn’t, but we always had the hardest pool. I joked with my wife that he must have pissed off the tournament director.

Most of the time they didn’t win the pool, but for the 2023 WWBA they got a little luck and played lights out. Shocked the top team from CA and beat the other teams pretty good

Our 15u eligible team is playing mostly 16u, all PG except for Black Bear Classic.  We play in two 15u PG tournaments (WWBA and National Elite Championship).  We only play 6 tournaments in June and July, but the tournaments we entered looks loaded.  Can't wait to see how the team fares, and I look forward to seeing the story of all the recruiting craziness that I've heard.  We have a bunch of boys on our team that is highly recruited so hopefully, my son will get some visibility when these recruiters watch these other boys in our team.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.