Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@JucoDad posted:

Wishing all the pro ball players health and success as 2023 spring training is about to get started. Keep grinding y'all!

It’s so cool that you can make that post knowing that your son is going to spring training and will be on a big league roster. I can only imagine how much fun you (and your son) are having. Both of you are literally living the dream. And I hope it goes on for a long time. It’s not everyone’s dream, but for the members of HSBBW it is. As a Dad, this must be just awesome. I’m really happy for you.

@adbono posted:

It’s so cool that you can make that post knowing that your son is going to spring training and will be on a big league roster. I can only imagine how much fun you (and your son) are having. Both of you are literally living the dream. And I hope it goes on for a long time. It’s not everyone’s dream, but for the members of HSBBW it is. As a Dad, this must be just awesome. I’m really happy for you.

Thank you for the kind words.

Like most parents on this site, I had a kid with an aptitude for this game. And like most kids with a talent and a love of the game, his biggest and most unrealistic life goal was to be an MLB player. As a parent, it's surreal and humbling to have a kid that realized his biggest childhood dream.

He's blessed for the opportunity, and I'm still blessed to be a baseball dad.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.