Skip to main content

Roothog,

Don't really agree with some things here, which is my perogative, unless your kids got some rocky mountain high going, 13 years olds may have begun the puberty process but no where near it.

My son left HS with some chin hairs going on, he was touching 91. His biggest years in maturity growth was in college, and he only left with hitting 94, but by 29 he was hitting 96.

What would you suppose was the reason for that?  

I have no issue with teaching kids to throw hard, but bottom line is very few will be throwing 90 or plus their senior year. 

How often do you guys put the gun on your kids?

Originally Posted by TPM:

Roothog,

Don't really agree with some things here, which is my perogative, unless your kids got some rocky mountain high going, 13 years olds may have begun the puberty process but no where near it.

My son left HS with some chin hairs going on, he was touching 91. His biggest years in maturity growth was in college, and he only left with hitting 94, but by 29 he was hitting 96.

I have no issue with teaching kids to throw hard, but bottom line is very few will be throwing 90 or plus their senior year. 

Four times in the last 27 months, as detailed above. Those are the only times 2019Son has been gunned, at least to my knowledge.

Roothog,

Believe me, I'm not trying to start some kind of weird argument here, but puberty, as defined by the AMA typically starts for boys at about age 11 and ends by age 17. I'm not saying they don't get bigger and stronger, just defining what puberty is and I certainly don't think you mean to contend that your son was still pubescent from college until he was 29. So, I believe you have a valid point, just nitpicking your use of the term puberty as a basis.

I have my gun on almost every pitch now that he's in high school. In fact, this summer, I'd say every pitch he's thrown has had a radar gun on it by someone other than me as well. It tells me a lot, from rate of fatigue to rate of progress. He's 15.

Roothog,

I think this goes back to the point that has been made on here many times.  This is not your average baseball crowd.  If your kid is 14 and already high 70's lets say his chances are pretty good of getting to 90.  Not automatic by any stretch but not a longshot either.  Will my kid get to 90?  I have no idea.  But its certainly the goal and I don't think it is an insurmountable one either.

Roothog,

Gotcha. If you meant no where near finished with puberty, I agree.

Another slight uptick today:

Mar. 2013 (age 12 yrs, 2 mo.): 62 mph

April 2014 (age 13 yrs, 3 mo.): 70 mph

June 2015 (age 14 yrs, 5 mo): 75.1 mph

June 2015 (age 14 yrs, 5 mo.): 76.1 mph

July 2015 (age 14 yrs, 6 mo.): 77.2 mph

Starting last month, 2019Son began going once per week to a TBR-disciple facility, which is where we're getting these recent readings. (And I know there was another thread a few weeks ago asking about Texas Baseball Ranch). So far, so good.

Originally Posted by phillyinNJ:

Have some down time from work and figured I would post the velocity increase of 2018 dating back to last August.  Santa brought some Jaeger bands during christmas and he has been on them almost daily...I'm thinking a major contributing factor to his increase is from them...5'11.5, 145 pounds and turns 15 at the end of next month.  Jugs gun was used (the one that shows both peak and ending velocity).

Peak Velocity

Aug 2014 --68MPH

Jan 2015 --69MPH

Jan 23, 2015 --70MPH

Feb 15, 2015 --71MPH

Feb 27, 2015 --72MPH

Mar 14, 2015 --73MPH

Apr 12, 2015 --Pitchers Crow Hop 76MPH; Outfield Crow Hop 78MPH

May 2, 2015 --74MPH

I've seen in the search box that a lot of questions about velo improvement, guestimates when older, etc...Just figured I would start a running record of 2018 and for anyone else who would like to start a historical record jump on in...what's worked to increase...what has not.

I've heard the weighted balls work well, but haven't allowed 2018 to go there yet...figured I would wait a few years.

Just an update from the post in May...2018 (just turned 15 21 June) 6ft and 150+.

We did some velocity today since season is over and he hit 83MPH once and 81 twice....told him had to hit 83 twice for it to count.

Pitchers Crow Hop 77MPH; Outfield Crow Hop 81MPH

His goal is to hit an outfield velocity of 85 by the PG event next month...I think it is attainable, but we will see.

Originally Posted by 2019Dad:
Originally Posted by InterestedObservor:

What do you attribute the velocity increase to specifically? that's a large jump in 3 months. Something you are doing must be working.

I was thinking the same thing -- a 9 mph increase (74 to 83) from May to July is simply fantastic.  

the 74 in May was from the mound...the 81/83 was outfield velocity (crow hop)...  It is still a 3MPH increase which isn't bad though...probably a combination of J-bands and hitting the gym (legs,upper, & sprinting) has helped.

I hate to tell you this, but its not the same.
What is a pitchers crow hop?

I'm well aware of this...from the original post he did a crowhop from outfield (hit 78) and a pitchers crowhop (hit 76)...the pitchers crowhop is one step from back to front to throw.

I didn't have my mask so i wasn't about to sit behind the plate and catch one in the grill for the sake of getting a velocity.  Reflexes are alot better from 90ft away than they are at 60ft

Peak Velocity

Aug 2014 --68MPH

Jan 2015 --69MPH

Jan 23, 2015 --70MPH

Feb 15, 2015 --71MPH

Feb 27, 2015 --72MPH

Mar 14, 2015 --73MPH

May 2, 2015 --74MPH

Aug 15, 2015 --75MPH

Sep 23, 2015 --77MPH (15yrs 3month)

2018 saw another increase in velocity today as he hit 77 three times...I saw on Driveline website about how the glutes really activate (they had an infrared camera or something(actually electromyography clothing (EMG)) when pushing of the rubber(during deceleration), so he started incorporating that into his weekly workout...has a goal of 80 by next spring...

Last edited by phillyinNJ

Peak Velocity

Aug 2014 --68MPH

Jan 2015 --69MPH

Jan 23, 2015 --70MPH

Feb 15, 2015 --71MPH

Feb 27, 2015 --72MPH

Mar 14, 2015 --73MPH

May 2, 2015 --74MPH

Aug 15, 2015 --75MPH

2018 saw another increase in velocity today as he hit 77 three times...I saw on Driveline website about how the glutes really activate (they had an infrared camera or something) when pushing of the rubber, so he started incorporating that into his weekly workout...has a goal of 80 by next spring...

Nice gains. But that's not what I said. It's actually quite counterintuitive. Also, it was EMG clothing.

http://www.drivelinebaseball.c...ata-driven-analysis/

Video is here:

https://twitter.com/drivelineb...s/624049548776730625

Glute activation was strongest during deceleration. Not at any time during force production.

Originally Posted by Kyle Boddy:

Peak Velocity

Aug 2014 --68MPH

Jan 2015 --69MPH

Jan 23, 2015 --70MPH

Feb 15, 2015 --71MPH

Feb 27, 2015 --72MPH

Mar 14, 2015 --73MPH

May 2, 2015 --74MPH

Aug 15, 2015 --75MPH

2018 saw another increase in velocity today as he hit 77 three times...I saw on Driveline website about how the glutes really activate (they had an infrared camera or something) when pushing of the rubber, so he started incorporating that into his weekly workout...has a goal of 80 by next spring...

Nice gains. But that's not what I said. It's actually quite counterintuitive. Also, it was EMG clothing.

Video is here:

Glute activation was strongest during deceleration. Not at any time during force production.

my apologies...thought it was push off (i read early morning a few weeks ago) --sorry about that.  regardless, he started to incorporate some work with the glutes and it seems to have worked out nicely.  I am going to adjust my original post.  Thanks.

Last edited by phillyinNJ
Originally Posted by Kyle Boddy:

Peak Velocity

Aug 2014 --68MPH

Jan 2015 --69MPH

Jan 23, 2015 --70MPH

Feb 15, 2015 --71MPH

Feb 27, 2015 --72MPH

Mar 14, 2015 --73MPH

May 2, 2015 --74MPH

Aug 15, 2015 --75MPH

Video is here:

my apologies...thought it was push off (i read early morning a few weeks ago) --sorry about that.  regardless, he started to incorporate some work with the glutes and it seems to have worked out nicely.  I am going to adjust my original post.  Thanks.

Glute Ham raises are a great exercise.  Builds strength through a range of motion.  Difficult to do correctly, without "sliding" at the knees.  Good idea to start with a variation on the ground.  

I completely understand the fascination with training, tracking and attaining velo in youths/HS pitchers today. We were there, at least the training part and my son realized some of those gains. I wont say you "need" velo to get a scholarship but D1s like velo, tempo, mound presence and athleticism (how the arm works).

All that being said, my son is now a frosh @ a Power 5 and they are focused on reducing the possibilities of mechanical flaws and simpifying his pitching motion so he can be more "accurate". He has never been wild or innaccurate and has had good velo and a great curve however in D1 the window is smaller and a mistake here or there costs you a ballgame.

Good luck with the grind, i hope all of the younger kids grow in their baseball journey and get schollys. I am a fan of pitchers.

Last edited by Shoveit4Ks
Scotty83 posted:
Started gunning my 2019 in 2013 when he was 12. He learned a change up and wanted to see the actual difference. This was in March right before the middle school season started. We did it again the next two years just to see what the improvement might be. He has worked on mechanics the last two year but we haven't done any velocity training and do not plan on it until that elbow growth plate closes. This was with a stalker.

2013 12 years old 5'2" 85 lbs 55mph
2014 13 years old 5'8" 110 lbs 62 mph
2015 14 years old 5'10" 135 lbs 73 mph

Pretty sure all his gains have came from growth. Most mechanical changes have been accuracy related or just being more concistant in what he was already doing.

What's funny is I've talked to a half a dozen kids or so who say they touch 80 so since my son throws harder than them he must be in the 80's. I just smile and say yep he must be hahaha.

We did our yearly gunning so I thought I would update. Here's what I had posted before. 

2013 12 years old 5'2" 85 lbs 55mph
2014 13 years old 5'8" 110 lbs 62 mph
2015 14 years old 5'10" 135 lbs 73 mph

This year:

2016  15  years old 6'0" 145 lbs  77 mph

It looks like the velocity gains from growth have slowed down. This coming up winter the plan is to get some coaching on mechanics for velocity. I still think he's still growing and don't want to start velocity training other than mechanics until that growth plate closes. Perhaps the next off season. 

2022dad posted:
My 2022 (11.5YO) doesn't like his CU bc he doesn't think there's enough difference bw it and this FB. I reluctantly dragged the Jugs out yesterday to see just what the numbers show. He's right. His circle CU sits at 50-52 and his FB sits at 54-55 and tops out at 59. I guess he needs to work a little more to get his FB to ride closer to his max. Unfortunately, he's pretty accurate at 54-55 but his location suffers above that number.

Scotty, I'm glad you dragged this one back up. It looks like you son's velocity has slowed vs height, but only a very slight amount. He looks to be a skinny kid. When he puts some weight on I bet you see his velocity jump. 

My son has grown 1.5 inches since last June (5'4" now). His velocity was 64-65 tops the last time I checked a couple of months ago. Based on what I saw Thursday night, I'm thinking he's added a couple more MPH. He's been on a Thrower's Ten type regimen for the for just over a year. I keep waiting for cousin Puberty to show, but so far he hasn't shown any signs. I was late bloomer and I'm thinking he's got this from me. I grew 2 inches after I got to college. 

With his high school season over, 2019Son went back to the throwing/pitching facility from last summer for the first time since July. The progress so far:

• Mar. 2013 (age 12 yrs, 2 mo.): 62 mph
  • April 2014 (age 13 yrs, 3 mo.): 70 mph
  • June 2015 (age 14 yrs, 5 mo): 75.1 mph
  • May 2016 (age 15 yrs, 4 mo.): 80.0 mph

He was pretty happy about 80. Those are all from a mound. FWIW, they also did some kind of crow-hop throw tonight, in which he hit 82.6 mph.

Long way to go . . .

Hummmm, not sure what to make of this thread... but here goes..

2018  these are top velo's  reduce by 2-3 for cruising speeds

in 2013 he was  82

in 2014 he was  85

in 2015 he was  89

in 2016 he was  92

works out with weights in the fall, takes a 3 months off from throwing , does a lot of long toss, no weighted balls, no bands, no pitching coach.  He does fish a lot , kayak's and goes camping.  We do not own a radar gun...

Having said that.... velo is only part of it....  the minors are full of guys throwing 94+ that cannot get anyone out.

bacdorslider posted:

2018  these are top velo's  reduce by 2-3 for cruising speeds

in 2013 he was  82

in 2014 he was  85

in 2015 he was  89

in 2016 he was  92

works out with weights in the fall, takes a 3 months off from throwing , does a lot of long toss, no weighted balls, no bands, no pitching coach.  He does fish a lot , kayak's and goes camping.  We do not own a radar gun...

Having said that.... velo is only part of it....  the minors are full of guys throwing 94+ that cannot get anyone out.

So true.  The MLB is full of mid to high 80's mph pitchers that can get people out. This summer I am going to work with my son on more movement and better location for his pitches.   I was at a Arkansas - Alabama game where the Arkansas pitcher was cruising at 91 mph and had 3 HR's hit off of him.  

Having said that my 2017 son's big jump in velocity happened his sophomore year, mostly due to football workouts and being the QB.  I'm hoping to see a bit more velocity improvement this summer now that his pitch count will be managed correctly.  

bacdorslider posted:

bacdorslider, I'm not the OP, but I just thought of this thread as a place newbies or those just curious could see how other kids progressed over time. Just because a lot of parents are curious about these things. 

And so the reason I posted my kid's age down to the month is so the newbies/curious would have a reference point (e.g., there can be a big difference between 13 yrs 0 months and 13 yrs 11 months). And even grade can be misleading, because some kids graduate high school at 19 and some at 17. I suppose height and weight could be useful, too, because those things have an impact.

I dunno, maybe 5 years from now there'll be a parent of a 12 year old coming to HSBBW for the first time, and wondering how their son might develop over time and they'll find this thread. Of course, every kid is different, YMMV, etc., but it might be useful or at least interesting to them?

P.S. -- at the rate your 2018 is going, 100 mph by senior year is not out of the question!

35 YO - 65MPH at a carnival and I was throwing gas!

40 YO - 75MPH : Improved since I was throwing so much BP to LLers

48 Y0 - 78MPH: Improved mechanics, Long Toss, and moved mound up to 30ft for HSers. By you!

52YO - 40MPH: On a good day. I need to get a labium surgery since I have thrown so much BP I can't hardly get my arm over my head.  Jobe center says I should be back up to 65MPH if I work really hard for the next 1.5 years post surgery. Once healed I will go to Jaeger camp for LT, go to Driveline and get into their weighted ball program, as well as get into a Cressy program to get back in tip top shape. Does anyone know a good pitching coach in Los Angeles ? I got to get ready for the Grandkids. (hopefully)

Has anyone else done these programs? Do you think I could get back up to 78MPH? I really want to blow away those Tballers so they can tell me "you da man"!

BOF,

Got a job for you when you are ready!

Listen folks, dont get offended, but measuring velocity of young pitchers really doesnt mean all that much, yet. As your pitcher grows his arm and strength will as well.  

Then all of a sudden it stops. 

Next time you are watching a college game or a ML game take a look at the pitchers lower body, thats where the power comes from.  It takes years before the mechanics and the conditioning come together.  Some players, like bacdor's son are blessed with what is called, pitchers frames.  He is doing what we did, let the body grow and develop before the real work begins.  He is projectible. He will be at his peak development probably at 23, 24. Thats like 8 years from now.  

So creating a " reference point" before HS is useless, all bodies are different, its all in the genes, puberty,  years of hard work, the perfect mechanics.  

JMO

TPM posted:

BOF,

Got a job for you when you are ready!

Listen folks, dont get offended, but measuring velocity of young pitchers really doesnt mean all that much, yet. As your pitcher grows his arm and strength will as well.  

Then all of a sudden it stops. 

Next time you are watching a college game or a ML game take a look at the pitchers lower body, thats where the power comes from.  It takes years before the mechanics and the conditioning come together.  Some players, like bacdor's son are blessed with what is called, pitchers frames.  He is doing what we did, let the body grow and develop before the real work begins.  He is projectible. He will be at his peak development probably at 23, 24. Thats like 8 years from now.  

So creating a " reference point" before HS is useless, all bodies are different, its all in the genes, puberty,  years of hard work, the perfect mechanics.  

JMO

No argument here. Like I said, i thought this thread might prove interesting in the future to others to see how development progressed. If it's not interesting to them, no harm. If it's "useless," well, it'll hardly be the only useless thing to be found on the internet.

In fact, by doing a search it's possible to find somewhat similar discussions in years past -- I remember looking up the postings of a HSBBW-er before my time called "Bum" and reading about "Bum Jr" and how he progressed (lots of long toss, IIRC). I found it interesting.

In fact, here's a quote from a post by Bum back in 2008 that rang true to me:

"I understand the motivation of 14 y.o. pitchers -- and fathers of 14 y.o. pitchers -- to want to know their son's velocity. I went through the same thought process myself with my son at that time. After all, these kids are looking to get a spot on the high school team, so they feel they need to know

If you're 14 y.o., or the parent of a 14 y.o., I will give you the advise I have given others: Velocity is not the show. It is the ticket to the show. You must be obsessed with velocity, but you must be equally obsessed with the art of pitching. Again, the concepts are not mutually exclusive. However, please don't think that, if you don't have superstar velocity at 14 y.o. you can't get it if you work your tail off. Some kids get it later. Some never get it. There's no rhyme nor reason to this thing.

So.. now that you know velocity is important, what are you going to do about it? How are you going to go get it?"

2019Dad posted:

P.S. --

In scripture it says there is nothing new under the sun. 10 years ago the HSBBW community was discussing a topic entitled "Average Velocity Increases":

http://community.hsbaseballweb...-velocity-increases?

I'll give TPM her due: her postings now are consistent with 10 years ago!!

Velocity will always be discussed here. Its whats discussed thwt is important.  I dont think its important until a pitcher reaches HS and shows ability to go forward. 

Yes, I stand my ground now just as I did 10 years ago.

Not being disrespectful here, but those dads who said you must be obsessed with velocity and worked their guys to do something they really couldnt, most never developed the velocity needed and some where hurt, I think one of their sons never made it to play in college.  

You can be obsessed all you want, but its difficult to tell whats happenig while the pitcher is still growing.

JMO

TPM posted:
2019Dad posted:

P.S. --

In scripture it says there is nothing new under the sun. 10 years ago the HSBBW community was discussing a topic entitled "Average Velocity Increases":

http://community.hsbaseballweb...-velocity-increases?

I'll give TPM her due: her postings now are consistent with 10 years ago!!

Velocity will always be discussed here. Its whats discussed thwt is important.  I dont think its important until a pitcher reaches HS and shows ability to go forward. 

Yes, I stand my ground now just as I did 10 years ago.

Not being disrespectful here, but those dads who said you must be obsessed with velocity and worked their guys to do something they really couldnt, most never developed the velocity needed and some where hurt, I think one of their sons never made it to play in college.  

You can be obsessed all you want, but its difficult to tell whats happenig while the pitcher is still growing.

JMO

Well, I don't personally know any of those dads who 10 years ago said you must be obsessed with velocity -- my quote was from Bum, and I think his son played major D1 baseball, was drafted, and played a couple years in the minors. Not such a bad outcome, right?

Bums son transfered from the pac12 school that recruited him to another program. He didn't get enough innings he felt he should have. 

He was drafted as a 5th year Senior ( had knee surgery) and I believe never got passed A ball. Not that is a bad thing. 

Outcomes mean different things to different people. Bums son Rusty was a soft tosser who got players out.   With all that talk about increasing velo, i dont think he made it passed 90. But thats my point, one doesnt have to be a successful pitcher to hit 90 or above. 

Just ask my friend justbaseball!!!

I liked Bum, but I have issues when someone pops in here when their player does well but disappears when things get tough. 

Me, I have been here through the good bad and ugly and that's no joke.

Last edited by TPM

Having a gun on every single pitch of a HS 15 yr old is crazy, IMO. Apparently this will continue in Summer ball too. There r other ways to see if kid is getting tired. We had a player on sons summer team who pitched in mid 90's  and he went on to P at a top 3 school in nation, and never once did I see his dad w a gun, or even discuss his velocity. The scouts, recruiters did that. He was a great guy to be around because baseball never consumed him, it was his sons life not his.

all this velocity talk is why we have parents putting 9 yr olds on guns. P is so much more than a number(s). 

Just saw a kid this week finish HS JV season w a good number of innings pitched and now he plans on pitching on two Summer teams. What are people thinking?  Developing a P is a marathon not a sprint. So many guys develop in college, don't think little Johnny must be throwing    

Pro numbers in HS or he has no chance at a good college career.

honestly, I would be more worried about injuries than a number. 

As a dad of a kid with pretty high velo for his age, I can tell you that it makes me nervous. Per his doctor, his growth plates are still open so he's at risk.  He does not pitch a lot and that's by design. 

I can tell you that I have never gunned him and the only reason I know what he throws is because we play at LakePoint a lot and every pitch is gunned and displayed on the scoreboard. 

He has never done a throwing program or velo training and he doesn't pick up a baseball from end of July through mid-December.  

"start a historical record jump on in...what's worked to increase...what has not"....

This was the original reason for starting this thread...was hoping to track some historical velo references and maybe post a thing or two that we tried out which worked or not to give those looking some type of additional information from the countless information that is already on the website.  Do i personally think you should gun before HS...no, it probably makes no sense, but to each his own.

2018 just recovered from a hand break that he received during the first scrimmage of the school year (he has been throwing for three weeks), so he still has some strength recovery to go.  Had him out yesterday to check where he was at...he is 15yrs 11mths as of yesterday.

************************************************************************************

Peak Velocity

Aug 2014 --68MPH

Jan 2015 --69MPH

Jan 23, 2015 --70MPH

Feb 15, 2015 --71MPH

Feb 27, 2015 --72MPH

Mar 14, 2015 --73MPH

May 2, 2015 --74MPH

Aug 15, 2015 --75MPH

May 22, 2016 --Outfield throw 81.6MPH; Mound 76.8MPH (upgraded to Stalker Sport 2!)

As time goes by, i'm sure technology will advance and allow for more analytics/statistics and kids/parents will learn and adjust training from that data. I recall sitting in Jupiter a few years ago and watching my son throw a few innings vs the EvoShield Canes. Trackman was relatively new and i paid the fee to get the few metrics of live data they offered for pitchers. I'm kinda geeky. It was fun to watch the different pitches, velo, spin rate and then see "where he stacked up with the best" after the tourney. All in all, he was right up there with the best of who attended but was not tall enough to excite the pro scouts to consider drafting him. He had the velo, the spin rate, the + curve and not the frame. He probably lacked real pitching experience, lacked a solid 3rd pitch and needed time to develop. Everything turned out okay. I say track all the data you want and use it, if that works for your kid....technology is cool.

By the way, our best pitcher on son's college team is a mid/upper 80s, 6'5" LHP. He #carves. 

Shove, 

Having your son stats tracked by track man in HS serves a purpose, because it gives you and him and coaches an idea of where he fits in for recruiting. This was more or less about tracking young players.  

Reality is most will have gains before HS.  It is the natural progression for most, but 9 out of 10 will stop that progression until they begin really good conditioning program. I think that most will agree that when your sons return from college for Thanksgiving you are amazed how they look. Also pitchers will pick up a few mph and hitters a bit more power. 

Yes, I have posted the best pitcher at Clemson doesn't go near 90. He has actually gained some mph with improved mechanics.  Are scouts intetested. I sat behind a few scouts who were filming him during FSU series, so yes, definetly. HE GETS HITTERS OUT!  

So once again we are back to the importance of velocity. If your son can get hitters out at the next level, he doesn't have to hit 95,96. Only a very few will ever.

Let your young pitcher learn how to pitch!

Can't make the tourney, add me in for cheers from Fl. Wairing for regional site, hopefully at home.

I don't know if I can add to this discussion but I will try.  I fully understand the need to know where your son is at in his development.  For those of you that have one son maybe two?  I have four.... and all for are different.  They all have their strengths and weaknesses All matured and developed at different times. My sons are between 6'2 and 6'5 and every time they grew a little we had to re-learn the mechanics for the new frame.  

I have hard throwers, soft throwers,  fastball/slider at 3/4 and fastball/12-6 over the top.  In fact the biggest one is 2016 at 6'4 200 and throws the slowest.  I guess my point is you can drive yourself crazy with velo numbers but it really is going to be what it is going to be.  You can add some as you get older and get man muscle but don't expect any huge gains.  Instead learn how to pitch....learn how to to get the batters out. 

It seems with all this talk about 9,10,11, 12 velo.... what type of mound are they throwing off of.... 50 feet?

One more thing, in years past I was sooooo worried about 2013 and 2014 that I kinda let 2016 and 2018 just do their thing .... I went with the older two.. dragging them around the southeast watching every scout, radar gun etc... trying to increase velo... taking pitching lessons.... from USA to Area Code to PG

While my wife took the younger two to their local games and maybe an out of town tourney. I just thought logically that when the younger two were older I would work with them.  

I would call my wife and rant and go on and on.... 2013 did this 2014 didn't do that....  and then when she told me about the younger boys it was like , they did fine...we don't play til later tomorrow, so we are going to sleep in and go swimming... SWIMMING , are you crazy on game day !

My point is stop stressing about all this velo stuff at the younger ages.. enjoy the ride... what will be will be, it goes by fast.... and remember the thing tht is more important than throwing 90+  GRADES !

Oh and im 6'4 250  and my velo is 55  , tore three cuffs 6 years ago.... talk about pain

Last edited by bacdorslider

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.