Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Sorry to enter the ladies board, but the topic caught my eye. I do clean the white pants in the house and I use greased lightening. Spray it on then hang on fence or place on something hard then spray with garden hose. Then go about your regular wash. If this don't work try Iron Out. Soak pants in bucket with I/O and then wash.
I was getting ready to recommend Iron Out. I see Just Hit It beat me to it. I have used this for years. I add it to the load and let it soak overnight.

You do have to be careful with colors. I have used it on a couple of colors with success, but washed a gold Henley one year, of my sons and a teammate, and they had to wear canary yellow shirts the rest of the summer!
I use laundry detergent, Cascade, and Oxy Clean, let them soak overnight, then finish cycle first thing in the morning, then hang dry in the car during the school day.

Fortunately Varsity has two pairs of pants, so I have a couple of days to do this a second time if necessary.

The key is getting them in there as soon as they walk in the door!

Never put them in the dryer or anything left will set for good.

Carol
I'm going to admit (with some shame) that over the years, I used just a bit of Clorox in the wash with those white uni pants. About half the amount that I would normally use, and I never had a problem. Of course we didn't have as much problems with clay dirt out here as those of you from my home state of Virginia might have.... wish I had heard about Fels Naptha before now.

(Of course, anyone sporting an Anteater avatar HAS no shame, so please take that into consideration before going the bleach route).
Last edited by URKillingMeBlue
Always get to a stain as soon as possible. If it's been in the dryer....you may be stuck with the stain.

Aerosol hairspray breaks up ballpoint ink very well.

I can't think of the name of the product line, but it's in the laundry aisle (oddly enough) and comes in tubes about 3" high. They're specifically formulated stain removal products, and I've found the ink ones to be very effective. If nobody else can supply the name, I'll check when I get home from work for you.
..about $40 at Academy.

Or,if it's late, let dad wash, em and blame him.

Then go to Academy with $40 bucks.

"iff they could only sseee mne now.......

I always wanted to be bigger.

And just as this posted reality set in.

Return of word of the week.

Intransendkinkydvestite.

1. One is stubbornly opposed to being opposed to the opposite of what it should have not been.

2. One who post anudouslmy in the ladies lounge.

3. His biggieness has a link to a photograph of an example.

And for a few of us.

BASEBALL IS ALIVE!
Last edited by FormerObserver
I have had the most luck with Cascade and hot water. I usually try to get to them as soon as we get home from a tournament, but once the pants were in the hamper for several days before I remembered. I sprayed with Shout, let them sit, then washed with Cascade and regular detergent in hot water and they were good as new. There have been times when they were so bad I thought that the dirt would never come out and the Cascade gets it out everytime. Smile
What I have come to realize from all the years of washing dirty, rotten catchers pants is that it really depends on the type of water where you live that will determine what works best... here in MA I have very hard water so I use piping hot water, cascade and bleach....works like a charm...but when we traveled I couldn't seem to get his pants as clean as I could at home...also another factor....once those pants hit the drier it sets the stains...so best to line dry in the sun...I also have a good solution on how to dry pants ASAP when you need them real quick....drive down the highway with them blownin' in the wind....works like a charm Smile
quote:
My Space»
Member Directory
High School Baseball Web»

My best success with getting just about anything off white pants has been using a spray on product called "Red Clay remover" it's made by "Krud Kutter" and is sold at Home Depot or Lowe's. Whatever you use, you need to attack it right away rather than waiting a day.
Oh am I glad to hear this. My son a few years back was 15 years old and made a AAA legion team. The coach purchased Powers pants which says no bleach and my son, bless his heart spilled orange gatorade on them the first game. I think I washed them a miniumum of six times in one day, hung them on a basketball hoop in the drive way to try and let the sun bleach them when I finally gave way to bleach. Did'nt look bad until they played under the lights and his uniform was a light brown compared to everyone elses bright white. Any tips other than bleach I appreciate.
Ladies,

White Pants solution: Right out of our High School baseball handbook. Recommended by our coaches and works awesome!!

- Pants to be cleaned after each use.
- Removing stains: "hand-scrub" the soiled areas with "hand soap" E.G., Ivory Snow, Dove etc.. Once the soiled areas are sufficently latered, grab the surrounding fabric and vigorously scrub the effected area until the stain is removed. Then without rinsign, put the pants(uniform) in the washing machine of COLD water using common fabric stain removers "as the only detergent". E.G. shout, etc. 1 oz. to 1 gal of water. After the rinse cycle is complete, simply hang the garments on a hangar to "air" dry.

Standard detergents with warm or hot water will not do adequate job. Further, if standard soap dtergent is still present after machine washing, and if dryer is used, any stains may be permanently set!

Mom's it hard keeping those white pants clean. I make him take them off right after the game and while the stains are fresh I use this process above. We use a bar of ivory soap a week but IT WORKS! Lay it on a surface and rub that bar right on the stains! The pants come up white. Sometimes if the stains are bad, I soak it in a tub of cold water with the soap on the stains and rub them out and re-apply as I let it soak and before it goes in the wash.

Hopes this helps! IT WORKS!! Just patience and care of those pants are needed.. Frown
I have tried almost everything and the best that I have found is something called "Yellow Out". Just google Yellow out and it will come up. In MD the only place I have found it is in Acme food stores, but you can order it right online. It has made old white pants with stains set in look like new. They come out bright white as if you have bleached them!
OK, Just got the team uniform pants. I don't know how many years they've been in use, but they're not looking good. Instead of a crisp white with black stripe down the side, they are a very pale brown with streaks of red clay, and green grass stains on knees, and behind. They are quite stiff, and have obviously been in this condition for months! So, I just got back from the market with Fels-Naptha, Clorox II, and Cascade{I hope those little tablets are ok!}I'll let you all know how it goes!
Coachric ...
quote:
wash the uni before playing in warm water and white vinegar.

I am soooo confused. Do I wash the pants before I play in the warm water and white vinegar (oooooo, that sounds stinky) or do I wash the pants in warm water and vinegar before I start playing?

Just needed to tease you 'cause I am sure some fellow who has never had to do his own laundry might be confused, depending on where the emphasis is placed in the statement, and try playing in warm water and vinegar to see if he can prohibit stains from occurring. Wink
Sorry to invade the ladies only forum but I could not resist this topic. When the white pants come home [always with a black or colored stripe so bleach is always scarry] I soak them in a strong Oxyclean or like solution [off brand] in hot water. I soak them for at least three hours or sometimes all night. I rinse them out with cold water before machine washing. If you just have dirt, for the machine wash I suggest Tide with bleach alternative [color safe] and a product called "Dissolve" which I have found in laundry mats and is used by the oilfield workers here in West Virginia. If there are grass stains, I use Shout in the tube and rub it in on both sides of the stain [inside and out] and let it set for at least 20 minutes before placing it in the machine washer. A particularly stubborn dirt stain that survives the Oxyclean bath and rinse will get Tide with bleach alternative poured on the stain directly on both sides and rubbed in with a battery operated small swirling brush [available as a combined product at most grocery stores].

I do all the washing in our house so my wife loves me very much.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.