Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

EV,
Was he a lefty or a righty. I'm pretty sure it was Patrick Keating who signed with Florida. Probably closer to 88mph. I'll have to check the book on that game now. We had two guys over 90 and one pushing it. The Bulls were very strong we beat them on a walk off single off JB Paxson. Paxson hit the longest HR I saw all summer at Butler. Over the 20 ft high net in dead center and off the road. Had to have been at least 460. He recently took a visit to John A. Logan JC and expressed possible interest in playing for us this summer.
Last edited by SIBullets
It was Keating after I looked at the book. We played a few tight games during that tourney but pulled them all out. I think we beat the Wolfepack like 5 times last year so Coach Lis probably did feel that way. He's a good guy. Who are most of your guys going to play for this year? If you were a 16u you should be pretty solid. We will probably meet up again in another tourney. Good luck.
Blake Hibler--might disagree a bit with your statement that the Indiana Mustangs are Indiana's top team at the 16-yr-old level. Did you perhaps forget about the Indiana Yankees, Indy Bulldogs, Indiana Bulls, Indy Bandits, the Prospects and a few others? Mustangs are a good, solid team, but they have some competition for that title. You have a right to be proud of them, but these other teams (and several more) may have an equal claim.
The Indiana Prospects are not a team anymore. The former prospects are the Mustangs last year and this year. We beat the Bulls pretty easily last year. That Bulls team is not the most solid of the Bulls organization. The Yankees is the only team that I have not seen play out of that group. So maybe I can retract that statement. There are some other solid teams I am sure. I would put them in the running as I know they reloaded again.
quote:
Originally posted by Blake Hibler:
The Indiana Prospects are not a team anymore. The former prospects are the Mustangs last year and this year. We beat the Bulls pretty easily last year. That Bulls team is not the most solid of the Bulls organization. The Yankees is the only team that I have not seen play out of that group. So maybe I can retract that statement. There are some other solid teams I am sure. I would put them in the running as I know they reloaded again.

No need to retract anything! Was just having some fun. I'd forgotten that the Mustangs were the former Prospects--good team. My son played with one of your pitchers on the Heat a couple of years ago--(my boy's with the Indy Bulldogs (16U this year) now, so wanted to give them some props). It's terrific to be proud of your team and you have every right to be. Not sure about last year, but a couple of years ago, the Indiana Yankees 18U was ranked 3rd in the nation behind the Midland (Ohio) team and one of the East Cobb teams. They have terrific coaches and excellent players.

Have a good Thanksgiving.
quote:
Originally posted by falconbball33:
This post is rather old but i thought i might add that my team played the 16U Indiana mustangs and aside from one kid who went like 8-8 in the first day of the tourney the rest of the team was rather average and we beat them so i find it hard pressed to say they are the best in indiana

the Indiana Bulls 16U, Indiana Prospects 16U Blue, & Indy Pony Express 16U are the best 16U teams in central indiana (or at least have the most pure talent) but I don't know about the north and far south regions.
Last edited by switchitter

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.