Skip to main content

The only thing I can predict is that the feeling of pride you will have for your son, once the pride of the sheer appointment is over, will be almost overwhelming when you see just how far he will develop as a man, a gentleman, and a human being virtually overnight. It is not a normal college experience, but one which will test him in all capacities in which a person can be tested. It is a huge responsibility to accept this appointment, and one which will virtually guarantee his success in life.

Anytime you as parents have doubts, please feel free to call Chip or me, and if your son ever questions his decision, he should contact Navy cadKID, or CPLZkid. They will be comrades (even as competitors), most assuredly.

cadDAD

We'll be at the All-State Banquet tonight and my son's teammate from last summer will be there as well.  He's a 2018 and headed to one of the academies next month for boot camp.  I can ask him and his Dad how it went down and let you know. He was offered late summer/early fall last year (Senior year) so the answer may not help you. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.