Skip to main content

Oh the Humanity!!!!

That's like saying that a Philly Cheesesteak is better in Austin Texas than at Stevie's in Downtown Philadelphia!!! Or that Cajun food is better in Milwaukee than in New Orleans!!! Or that you can get better crab cakes in Tucson than in Baltimore - at the Inner Harbor...

This is a crisis!

A Coney Island icon, the Coney Island Hot Dog, better in Florida!?!?!!!

Say it ain't so, Jerry, say it ain't so...
If its true that the regional food must be better from its own region, then New York and Chi-town have no pizza that can compare with that of Italy.
I have Real Italian pizza on a regular basis, and Sicilian style as well, compliments of my homegrown Sicilian bride. I have never had pizza in new england, new york or anywhere else that could compare with her's, nor any pasta dish as well.
Best white clam chowder I've ever had is at the Disney's Beach Club hotel, Cape May restaurant, and I'm from new england. The chef there is from Boston.
Over in the town of Celebration there is a tavern called the Town Tavern, owned by a couple of Bostonites. I am told they make great seafood, new england style. Since I don't eat much from the sea, its here-say.
Maine lobster is shipped fresh-frozen all over the country everyday, next day air. So good Maine lobster can be had anywhere these days.
Best dog for me is a R.I. hot weiner, also known as a gagger, yacker or puker. Great stuff. The prep guys actually lay 8-10 buns on their forearms and dress them there.
FrankF, sound like pasta al forno, great stuff. No Iowa for her PG, however if you're in the Orlando area, she would cook for just about anybody. BiggerPapi, yes we can find a spot for the 14 yr old SS, and I can find you a house, I sell real estate and we live about 20 minutes from Disney, year round baseball, great chowder, and my wife's italian cooking.
There's more than one reason I love it here.
When I was in Iowa I ate "Chicken lips" Its breast meat with wing sauce. they also had lippy dogs at the ball park.. I never heard of such things ,but they were delicious. Do they have them in other states?
By the way
All the pizza, pasta and "gravy" in NJ is made by Sicilians..using NJ tomatoes And if no body likes NJ why does every body live here?
Last edited by njbb
Back to what the original thread was talking about...

I went to Fenway two nights ago, Gabbard pitched a GEM!

I had a hot dog as soon as I got there because even though I live in Boston, I was vurious about the rolls.

Lets just say I ordered 1 everytime the hot dog vendor walked by my seat...

6 Hot Dogs at Fenway park, $24
A pack of Rolaids for my heartburn, 99 cents
Watching a Red Sox win at the point in the season, PRICELESS!

GO SOX!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.