Skip to main content

As an addendum to our thread on Illinois very own college players, lets have a thread to highlight their achievements as they make them.

I ran across this one on the Patriot League Website....

Trey Frahler, Northfield, IL (New Trier) Named Patriot League Pitcher of the Week

Pitcher of the Week

Trey Frahler, Bucknell So., P, Northfield, Ill.

Frahler had a solid effort against a good Virginia Tech team, going seven innings with just one earned run allowed in a 2-1 loss for the Bison. He gave up six hits and four walks while matching a career high with six strikeouts. The Hokies hit just .231 off of Frahler in the contest. Virginia Tech scored 10 runs in the other two games of the series.

Atta boy Trey!
[COLOR:BLUE][i]Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs.[/i][/COLOR]
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Congratulations to the Robert Morris Eagles. For the first time in school history, they have cracked into the NAIA top 25. Packed with local players. Coach Mike Kashirsky has really turned things around and has some great recruits coming in for 2010 as well. Coach Kashirsky took over the Windy City Thundebolts in mid-season last year. They were a .500 team at the time and under Kashirsky, he led them to the Frontier League Championship. Very talented young coach.
quote:
Originally posted by ballyall:
Anyone who knew this kid is not surprised by his success and the attention that people are paying to his hustle.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com...n&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

I had the extreme pleasure of having Adam work out at my facility this past winter. I can only say that he is one of the most humble and unassuming profesionals you could ever meet. What a terrific guy who approaches the game the way it should be approached...a TRUE role model.
Benet's Brian Roberts pitched 8 innings of 2-run ball in the 1st game of Illinois' double header today against Michigan State. Sandburg's Nick Chmielewski pitched the 9th and got the win.

In the 2nd game of the double header, Sycamore's Will Strack pitched a complete game shut-out.

Both games were 9 inning per.

Both Roberts and Strack are 2-0 on the season, Chmielewski is 2-1.

Today's Recap
Last edited by Tuzigoot
quote:
Originally posted by 2bagger:
Matt Davis at Eastern Kentucky (Prospect High School) is off to a nice start this season ba 456, slugging 781 7hr 10 doubles, 3 triples 51 runs scored and 29 rbi. I enjoyed watching this guy in high school, not the biggest kid around but he could swing it and also play anywhere on the field.

WOW!

Talk about a groove! He's a career 300 hitter who is just lighting it up his senior year.

The EKU Colonels as a team are putting up some insane numbers. They have 4 players hitting over 400, and only two hitting under 300. Their team BA is 374. Opponents are hitting 311 against them.

Their team ERA is 5.37 while their opponents is 9.45.

Now for the shocking stat...they are only 18-9. You'd think with such a huge disparity between opponent numbers you'd see the W-L ratio a little more EKU favored.

Still...WOW!
Last edited by CPLZ
quote:
Originally posted by CPLZ:
Army's Kirk Porter, Lake Zurich HS '07, has been named Patriot League Pitcher of The Week and Army Athletic Association Athlete of The Week.

Chip, congradulations to Kirk.

On another note, there is something odd about your signature, "There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't." Can you change that up, everytime I read it I get a little dizzy.
Used this beautiful day to watch the Illini battle at Northwestern. There are so many boys on both teams that my son either played with or against that made it so much fun. The Illini won 15-12 with Pete Cappetta (Montini) having a great day; 4-6 with a homer and 2 doubles, 4 rbi. Northwestern's Chris Lasmet (New Trier) hit a 3 run bomb that may have landed in the lake.
quote:
Originally posted by 2bagger:
Nick Martini (Prarie Ridge HS) hit 2 home runs the other night against BYU. He is hitting 341 batting in the 3 hole for kansas State and having a nice freshman year.

The latest Rivals poll has KSU hosting a regional...they are a very, very strong team this year. Congrats to Nick...I still remember an at bat he had vs. Junior, it went 13 pitches before Nick drew the walk. A very tough hitter.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.