Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Probably better off just asking your son's coaches if they were contacted by the "Scouting News."
If so, they can probably share the content of their email or meet with you to discuss opportunites along with strengths and areas for improvement.

In my opinion, there is little to no scouting...just an email to coaches asking for a write-up.

I received an email from them last year regarding a player that I coached. I've had several similar requests from other organizations/companies/teams that wanted a few words regarding a player. The "Scouting News" had contacted the player, and he requested that I provide them some recruiting info.

Their email asked for a response within a couple of days. I answered the provided questions within that time frame, and then received a link which required me to pay to read the content that I provided.

About 3 months later, I received the exact same request for info regarding the player.

If it's not garbage, it's darn close.
I signed up just out of curiosity. I was on it once and canceled. As PG Staff pointed out in posts a long time ago, some companies use PG scouting analysis and sell it as their own. Though I wouldn't say that is what this firm does, it was too similar for my comfort level.

I do believe that our HS Assistant Coach did contribute to the reports on a few players on our team, but a majority of the information and scouting reports read like something we had seen before. I'll leave it at that.

Beware, "The Scouting News" began as pseudo youth hockey review of talent which culled information from parents and young players.  Once it obtained the information, it published flatterring teasers and charged parents to read the full content which in most cases was written by their own children or others who had nothing to do with legitimate scouting organizations.  A boycott was initiated in response to agressive marginalization of youngsters and their parents by The Scouting News.  The person behind the web site actually called coaches and other parents in attempts to black ball or isolate the kids whose parents had any negative experiences with the service.  Very bad people- don't give them money, don't support this kind of abuse.  Read Boycott the Scouting News before you have any interaction with them and be forewarned. Since the hockey boycott, the service has tried to expand into other youth sports such as baseball, so watch your back.SCAM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.