Skip to main content

Because of the recent site clean up one of my favorite topics was deleted, that being the one about top hitting instructors. It was through that that we found Steve Hayward at Strikes. I know there are alot of other great places to take lessons so I was hoping the topic would get started again. If it can help point someone else in the right direction then it will be worth it. There are alot of new people on the site lately so maybe we can help them out.

I'll start out and obviously I'd pick Steve Hayward at Strikes. Besides his technical knowledge on hitting he makes it fun for the players. Also, the atmosphere at Strikes is great.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

lol...In my opinion, when you hit .207 and strike out 1 out of every 4 times to the plate and you're 22 or so, they release you, you don't ask them for a release.

MLB organizations are real harsh on college players who they deem to be "organizational players" and don't produce immediately...Their attitude: let's see what we get in the next draft.

I was a hamburger, I know. All of you in high school hoping to get drafted and then give up some college and college money for $750 per month (for 3 months and then you have to get a real job) and a couple of coupons to McDonald's.

That is why school/college is so important for high schoolers...Can take away your dream of playing professional baseball, but they can't take what you have in your mind away from you.
Hope every thing going well with you. I can't wait for is final year of HS baseball to start. Hope your son the best.This is what i found . Missouri Signing Class
RHP Aaron Crow - Wakarusa, Kansas (Washburn Rural)
LHP Ron Martin - St. Louis, Missouri (Forest Park CC)
C Dan Wise - Olathe, Kansas (North)
LHP Rick Zagone - Crystal Lake, Illinois (Prairie Ridge)
INF Kyle Mach - Chesterfield, Missouri (Parkway West)
RHP Brett Reynolds - Pea Ridge, Arkansas (Crowder CC)
2B Clay Ivy - Knoxville, Tennessee (Farragut)
LHP Ryan Lollis - Houston, Texas (Houston Christian)
RHP Jeff Duda - British Columbia (Central Arizona CC)
LHP Cory Lambert - Bryant, Arkansas (Bryant)
Pitch12......

I might not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but doesn't it stand to reason that if you were standing further away from the hitter, wouldn't it be more difficult to properly see the swing. After all, wouldn't the tosser/pitcher be trying to avoid being hit by the batted ball (we know there is some sort of screen being used)?

Have you ever tried tossing or pitching from behind a screen from some far distance (more than 15 feet), get it over the plate, and still be able to evaluate the hitters swing. I DON'T THINK SO!!! Smile

If you can do this, let me know, because I would love to see this. I will even be more than happy to have my son take a lesson from you.

Smile

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.