Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by William Buckstone:
FC looked very sharp against Salem. I saw a few innings of the Cox/Landstown. If Cox is #1 ranked, they did not look too good, but will note, they were smashing Landstown 11-0 when I left. Any other scores to report?

Imagine how well they will do when they "look good"! Just curious "William", what part of the Falcons' game did not look too good today? Was it the 2-hit pitching, the selective eye and timely hits at the plate...or perhaps the defensive gems in the field? Roll Eyes
I will give props when they are due. Please don't try to tell me that scoring 4 in the bottom of the 7th is just being a good team. There had to be some luck.
What happen last year...under pressure? Same team less talent (with loss of Wilkinson, Valentine and Ittner)? Should we chalk it up to experience? Just be ready to wear blue on Tuesday and it won't be an upset because you are not deserving right now of earning the title of #1 in the area.

Bill
Maybe I can add on to that.

Cox on Friday looked good, even though Landstown's pitching and overall performance was not at the top level. The Falcon's were hitting the ball quite solidly when they had the chance and put together a string of hits at times to produce some runs. Landstown's offense with the exception of Mike Curry with 2 hits was non-existant. The pitching for the Eagles I believe produced 11 walks and 1 hit batter so the score might be a little more padded than it should have been. The defense for both teams at most times was solid. The difference in the game was that Cox wanted it more badly than Landstown did and the score indicates that.
Saturday game - Hickory 7, NR 5

I only saw the last couple of innings. Hickory escaped with a victory. The Field Ump REALLY blew call at 1B with the tying run at 3B. To the Hawks' credit, Sr. C Sammy Halloway battled Erickson Keeton and flipped the game winning single to LF.

I heard Erickson hit an absolute BOMB and JUST missed one in the last inning with a runner on 2B.

Overall, a very good game. Hickory will surprise a few teams this year. NR will catch fire soon enough. Their frosh contribute every game. Once the team puts it all together, they will be dangerous.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.