Plano East 8 14 1

Individual Pitching / Hitting
LP--Jake Walsh
WP--Reid Landers
3B--PE: Alex Harris 1.

Bishop Lynch 0 1 1
Wylie 10 17 1

2B--BL: Preston Beck 1. WYL: Jake Feckley 1. WYL: Gatlin York 1.
3B--WYL: Jake Feckley 1.
WP--Josh McClendon
LP--Josh Hauser

Very Surprised by both final scores.

"In the end, baseball is a man maker"
-- Al Spaulding
Last edited by Baseball Legend
In the Plano vs McKinney Boyd game Plano was down a run in the bottom of the 7th with two out and nobody on.

Clint Strong works a walk. Brett Johnson triples of the wall in right center to score Clint to tie the game. Bo Altobelli is walked to bring up Reid Lyness. Reid had a rough night up to this point with a couple of high strikes called contributing to an 0 for 3 night to that point. Reid pulls a ball through the right side of the infield just past a diving second baseman to plate Brett for the winning run.

Great fun at the old ballpark. Couldn't ask for more on Senior night.
Last edited by GatorGuyDallas
quote:
Originally posted by Baseball Legend:
Plano West 3 6 1
Plano East 8 14 1

LP--Jake Walsh
WP--Reid Landers
3B--PE: Alex Harris 1.

"In the end, baseball is a man maker"
-- Al Spaulding

Any reason that West did not throw Blum or Huber? Was the coach overlooking East, and saving his best bullets for Wylie? Or was it just this kids turn in the rotation? Just curious, based upon this box score it does not appear that Blum or Huber pitched as it would be hard to believe a team would spray 14 hits around on one of them, and neither one was credited with a loss.

Congrats to A. Harris on the triple and 4 RBI
Last edited by Dillon
That is the 64K question. The game may have been different if one of PW top pitchers pitched. As I was told, PW went went with their #4, #7 and #8 pitchers.

The coaches have players playing out of position which led to 6-7 mental errors last night (Plant at SS, should be at 3rd). They have no 3rd baseman, the guy just stands there when a dribbler is hit and lets it go by him. The parents say that their best catcher is playing 2nd base and the seniors have totally checked out and don't care.

It is a team that is stacked with college recruits (Ford, Parker, Blum, Huber etc..) but cannot play together as a team (anyone watch the Yankees play lately?) Too much turmoil and the kids have not shown up to play once all year, even when they beat Coppell twice, they supposedly ho-hummed it during both of those games.

What a waste.
Bishop Lynch 0 1 1
Wylie 10 17 1

2B--BL: Preston Beck 1. WYL: Jake Feckley 1. WYL: Gatlin York 1.
3B--WYL: Jake Feckley 1.
WP--Josh McClendon
LP--Josh Hauser

Great game by Wylie, Boys sure can hit. McClendon made a good hitting team look silly. Bishop Lynch needs put on a better show tonight as the district title is on the line in TAPPS 1-5A against TCA. Should be an exciting one for both clubs.
quote:
Originally posted by hornsr1:
That is the 64K question. The game may have been different if one of PW top pitchers pitched. As I was told, PW went went with their #4, #7 and #8 pitchers.

The coaches have players playing out of position which led to 6-7 mental errors last night (Plant at SS, should be at 3rd). They have no 3rd baseman, the guy just stands there when a dribbler is hit and lets it go by him. The parents say that their best catcher is playing 2nd base and the seniors have totally checked out and don't care.

It is a team that is stacked with college recruits (Ford, Parker, Blum, Huber etc..) but cannot play together as a team (anyone watch the Yankees play lately?) Too much turmoil and the kids have not shown up to play once all year, even when they beat Coppell twice, they supposedly ho-hummed it during both of those games.

What a waste.

Wow... never saw a fan jump off the bandwagon so fast. It appears that PW will make the playoffs and things can change in a heartbeat. Baseball is full of ups and downs in a season and I'm sure all these players have been in these situations before. They have time to turn it around.

Not a Yankee fan at all but after two weeks they are in 2nd place behind Toronto. Don't see a lot of turmoil there.
And yet again HORNS provides us with his great knowledge!!! Is it that hard to give credit when someone does good rather than always making excuses and trashing someone else? You said that "you were told" that PW pitched their #4, #7 and #8 pitchers but later you comment on "6-7 mental errors" as if you were there???? Were you there? Please tell me the 6-7 mental errors! And, if you are such a fan, how was it that someone else had to tell you about the pitchers? I don't believe Walsh and Ellis are that far down on the list of PW pitchers and I surely don't believe they have #'s assigned to them...both of them have pitched pretty good this year (last stats I saw had Ellis at 3-1 with 1 save and a 1.94 ERA) but it just wasnt their night. And for you to say that Ford, Parker, Blum, Huber, etc. cannot play together just shows me how much you DON'T know them...they have played together and known each other since they were probably 8. Tonight was a night when Landers pitched his best game ever...Harris continued to knock the **** out of the ball and East continued to play the top teams tough! Oh, and before you make another statement that a different pitcher would have made such a difference in the game...East just managed 10 hits and scored 8 runs in the first three innings 3 days ago against one of THE best pitchers in the area, Feckley. And to finish it off (I DO NOT MEAN FOR THIS TO BE A SHOT AT PW PLAYERS BUT JUST TO POINT OUT HOW DUMB HORNS IS)...you talk about having a different pitcher, kids playing out of position, 6-7 mental errors but that does not have anything to do with the fact that they only had one or two hits and 0 runs until scoring 3 in the 7th...actually the game SHOULD have been over in the 5th 10-0 if the ump would have made the correct call on a fair ball called foul with two runners on.
Great game Landers!!!! You came through when they needed you. This sets up a dandy Friday night against Allen at East.
MM,

I was not there and that is there ranking of pitchers according to the coaches. You are entitled to your PERCEPTION of last night and God Bless you. Just look at the records and accomplishments of both teams, enough said.

I was not inferring that those players cannot play togther, I was just simply stating what the parents were saying about players playing out of position and the lack of coaching from PW. If Blum starts, I dare say the outcome MAY have been different.

Good Luck with future games and nice win last night for PE.
quote:
Originally posted by texasbaseballfan:
I agee MAV - the PW boys will rise to the challenge.

sad that Horn has to trash specific players rather than just say the team "needs to step it up"

I also do not like the fact that anyone would say something about individuals and mention names. My son has played with and against some of this guys and to my knowledge they go out and bust butt every game.

Dragging a 17 or 18 year old through the mud is uncalled for. If one or several need a "Come to Jesus" meeting that should be between the coach and the player and possibly the parents.

I think its safe to say that Horns has never stepped between the white lines to know how hard this game really is both physically and mentally
quote:
.....Too much turmoil and the kids have not shown up to play once all year, even when they beat Coppell twice, they supposedly ho-hummed it during both of those games.

What a waste.

I was at Airhog and to say the PW ho-hummed it really insults a lot of players on all three teams. I would say that The Woodlands brought their A game and that PW and Coppell didn't play as well as they should have. But please don't confuse beating Coppell twice in March by scores of 5-3 and 7-6 with playing them in May.
Horns, you are amazing! Now you are telling me that the same coaches you say cannot coach have personally told you "that is there (sp) ranking of pitchers"? Again, if you were NOT there then how did you come up with the 6-7 mental errors? I guess the coaches called you and gave you a report afterwards. And my PERCEPTION is that East has beaten PW twice, Wylie, Plano and Allen to ACCOMPLISH something this year. I'm not going to go into the losses to Jesuit and Boyd or make excuses as they outplayed East on those nights and deserved the win.
And YES, you did say (I QUOTE) "a team that is stacked with college recruits (Ford, Parker, Blum, Huber etc..) but cannot play together as a team"...that doesnt sound like you were "stating what parents were saying about players playing out of position and the lack of coaching".
I just hope I'm around to see it when the PW parents and players hang you up and throw rocks at you!.
I know one Plano baseball coach (of the 3) and if tells me that he likes this team....then that's good enough for me. Yes, their losses to teams that (on paper) they should beat are tough to handle in hindsight, but the Panthers' performance against the so-called TOP teams in the district are a bright sign -- they are young too. The DMNews recognzied the Panthers - and I commend them for going 3-1 against their cross-town rivals. They have some nice wins and a few ugly losses.

I too believe that PW has a few "problems".....but.....that's going to make this final week and the next few rather interesting. Cool
quote:
Too much turmoil and the kids have not shown up to play once all year

Not to add fuel to this burning fire....OK OK OK, I'm adding jet fuel to this baby!
Just wanted to point out that horns may need to check himself in for therapy soon. Just prior to this post, he had a post in the "8-5A" thread after the PW/Jesuit game Monday where he stated "the kids from PW finally showed up to play." and later "the team is pulling together".
I know of a good clinic in Terrell that has a vacancy.
I know a group of about 20 young men and their coaches located a little to the east of Plano that are preparing for a battle with Plano West on Friday night.

They respect them today, they will respect them tomorrow, and they will respect them all the way through 7 innings (or however many are necessary) on Friday night.

They will respect them whether they win or lose. Guess it says something when your opponents have more respect for the team than (at least one) of the fans.

My son has played with or against some of these kids for years, I assure you he respects them. I know many of the kids and the parents, and I respect both the team and the parents.

Horns, you were on here early in the year (before any games were played) talking about a "lack of respect shown to the state champions". Who is it that is lacking it now?
MM,

I can understand your frustration being a PE fan, but please don't infer or put words in my mouth. I just related what was told to me by several parents. Their words, not mine. Good luck Friday night

Pirate,

I am sorry if you feel that way. There was never any intent to disrespect anyone, The point I was trying to make was that a talented team has/is falling flat and they were expected to be more productive. I don't think anyone would say that they played anywhere close to their potential.

You guys have played great all year and I am sure that Jake can carry you guys along way. Great kid and player.
Update from the Piney Woods.. The Woodlands matched up with Lufkin last night. Lufkin entered the game at 18-5 overall with The Woodlands at 15-6. Taillon, The Woodlands fab Junior, pitched a 7 inning 14 strike out gem. Woodlands won 1-0 and Taillon was 93-97 mph with his fastball and 83-85 mph with the number 2. Should be interesting when the Houston and Dallas teams meet up. Lots of talent in both regions! Came away from the Grand Prairie Air Hogs tourney pretty impressed
4/22 score

Bishop Lynch 18 12 2
TCA-Addison 6 6 6

HR--BL: Jordan Hebert 1 (Grand Slam). BL: Josh Hauser 1. BL: John Twichell 1.
2B--BL: John Dodson 1. TCA: Sam Davidson 1. TCA: Ryan Doerhoff 1.
WP--Preston Beck
LP--Cole Thompson

Nice to see the Friars rebound from an earlier district loss to TCA. Congrats to BL should be an exciting playoff run.
quote:
Originally posted by The Beast:
Dillon
I think I read somewhere that Huber threw a few days ago against Jesuit.

Thanks, Beast. I didn't mean to start a wildfire with that post! Just was asking a simple question about a coach's decision (that all coaches do from time to time). When will you guys meet up with Waxahachie or Midway in the playoffs? What about Texas High? Will get out to see little Beast at that time...
Regarding the Plano West situation, Plano East simply outplayed them - while it is true that there are players that may not be in their "natural" position, is that not the same for all high schools? very rare that any high school team would be able to play every single player at their "best" positions.

As is said elsewhere, "that is why they play the game".

Congratulations to the Panthers for playing a fantastic game!

And no, I am not an East parent
well said 58. at poteet last years 3B is now at 2B. this years 3B did nothing but pitch last year. by the way he hasn't thrown an inning this year. we have a former catcher at SS, a SS playing CF, a catcher that is 6'4, and a 1B/DH playing LF. we have 5 players playing out of position but some how we have managed to squeek out a win or two. if players can't adapt in HS then they won't get much playing time in college.
Yeah Dillon you really stirred up the coals. Wink
As far as those two questions you asked I hope never. But if we happen to get lucky and win a few in the playoffs. I think we could see one of those teams in the third round if we make that far. Being ranked number 1 all year doesn't really mean a d**n thing when playoffs come around. All three of those teams are really tough and they are a little more experienced than us. Out of those three I think Midway is the best.JMHO. Little Beast would love to see you and talk to you.
Hey go pirates don't forget we also have a new first base coach. Wink Go Cubs.
Last edited by The Beast

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.