Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

KD:
Actually it will be something to get our team pumped up heading into the 2nd half of district and a way to show our team's support to Jonathon.

Any kid that misses a game misses out but when it is a Senior that has been having the season of his career it is hard beyond belief. Every little bit helps. I will let you know after the game tomorrow what it is.
Last edited by oldbat-never
Marcus vs Coppell game called bottom of the 1st due to lighting. Score was 3-0 with Marcus ahead, no outs. Pitts hit a 3 run HR. But all for not as we have to erase the score and start the game over 0-0...

Watten was on the mound for Coppell and Pressley for Marcus.

Game is scheduled for 7pm tomorrow, at Marcus. No rain at this point just lights in the sky..... What is it with Coppell and FM teams and lighting???????

Train were you there?????? Come up and say hi.

New Marcus motto: Go 4 It. Jonathon LeGuen returned to night to the team and the players are wanting to honor his spirit to give it all you got with this motto, Jonathon's team number is 4.
Well now, is that double digits for Springer now?

Jesuit called in the bottom 4th, due at first to lightning then it started RAINING. We just joked about it.

I want to bring up jesuitbaseball's question again, their coach told us that we could just start the game where it got delayed. I guess maybe it can be flexible as to the coaches whether or not they want to start it over...different case with the Marcus/Coppell game though, two top teams in that district...the Coppell coach certainly doens't want to be down 3.
quote:
Originally posted by oldbat-never:
Marcus vs Coppell game called bottom of the 1st due to lighting. Score was 3-0 with Marcus ahead, no outs. Pitts hit a 3 run HR. But all for not as we have to erase the score and start the game over 0-0...

Watten was on the mound for Coppell and Pressley for Marcus.

Game is scheduled for 7pm tomorrow, at Marcus. No rain at this point just lights in the sky..... What is it with Coppell and FM teams and lighting???????

Train were you there?????? Come up and say hi.

New Marcus motto: Go 4 It. Jonathon LeGuen returned to night to the team and the players are wanting to honor his spirit to give it all you got with this motto, Jonathon's team number is 4.

OBN = Give up on meeting Train....it really isn't a real person or we would know who it is by now.

I was there for the "light show", left to go to La Seirra to wait out the storm or whatever.

Was that you talking the T & D behind the bleachers about our transfer?

Tomorrow I understand we will throw a different pitcher at you, not Watten. Any idea who will pitch for Marcus?
Nope, that wasn't me I was up in the bleachers with friends till the game was called then headed to Applebee's for their $1.25 draft special...

I talked a bit to your JV coach, Lance and to M/M Pratt. I was also the one hanging the sign on the fence. We will have to meet. Just ask a Marcus parent they should be able to point me out. Son was on 1B tonight and hopefully will be there tomorrow.

I am not sure who we are pitching, why the change for Coppell???????
Suspended games

UIL manual

GAME CALLED BEFORE COMPLETION. If a district or non-district game is called before completion of the number of innings and conditions as specified in National Federation Baseball Rules, the umpire shall declare the contest “no
game”. Unless otherwise specified by district minutes prior to the season, the game will be replayed from the start.

Suspended Games in Playoffs
National Federation Baseball Rule 4, Section 3, Article 1, Note 2: In playoff games past the district level, any suspended
game shall be continued from the point of suspension at a later time.
quote:
Originally posted by gjbk1:
Frisco 13 11 0
Little Elm 2 3 2

Individual Leaders

WP--Joe Felts. LP--Danny Cervantes. 2B--FRIS: Dillon McDonald 2, Joe Felts 1, Gavin Gray 1. HR--LE: Ryan Johnson 1.

Congrats to Frisco and Joe Felts, too.

Keller Central 10 10 2
Justin Northwest 4 4 2

WP - Rodge Macy (CG)
LP - Justin Story

HR - Tyler Collins (N)
3B - B. Hill (KC)
3B - L. Brown(KC) I may be wrong on this one, but two different KC boys had triples.
Last edited by collikar
Second time this season, that I know of, Denton's Preston Springer has hit a HR to put Denton and head for the win. Congrats to this young man.

From the Denton Newspaper: Senior third baseman Preston Springer belted a three-run homer in the bottom of the sixth inning to help Denton rally for a 6-2 victory over Denton Ryan on Tuesday night at Bronco Field. The win gave Denton sole possession of first place in District 5-4A
quote:
Originally posted by Deuce'sDad:
anyone know what happened with Rowlett @ Naaman?

(since GISD is usually the last to call off school with inclement weather, maybe they held off calling the game and let them play baseball....not!)

It was cancelled at 6:40. I was pulling into the parking space when I got the call. They will play tonight at 7pm tonight at Naaman.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.