Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Colleyville probably has the best pitching in the district with Russell, Williams and Eads so I'd figure the Panthers to battle for the top spot.

Keller should be tough. Heard you got a "big" mid-year transfer. The Indians also return some key parts to last year's playoff team; Stramp, Ward, Philippi and Galler. Pitching might be tough to replace but I hear Ward should step right in.

Grapevine might battle for a playoff berth but that's a tough team to read off of last years result; 1st year in 5-A. Kervin, T.Kreder Rodgers and M.Kreder should provide pop at the plate but not sure what else they've got.

Trinity always manages to be there, but besides Guest and Griffin I don't know much about the returnees.

LD Bell returns Widman and Bayuk and like Trinity, they usually are in the hunt for a playoff spot.

Not expecting much from Haltom, Fossil Ridge and Boswell.
Dad, no offense taken, you are right about Dillion, but they only lost one pitcher last year, the other starter is a senior this year and the only lefty that they had last year was dealing with a shoulder injury that should be healed now.

Like I said I don't think that they will set the world on fire but should contend and may suprise some folks.

BTW, my son is the lefty, he played right and center last year but could not pitch, he has thrown this last fall and was starting to get it all back together so hopefully he will be back on track.
Last edited {1}
quote:

Keller should be tough. Heard you got a "big" mid-year transfer. The Indians also return some key parts to last year's playoff team; Stramp, Ward, Philippi and Galler. Pitching might be tough to replace but I hear Ward should step right in.

Long time ago, Stramp is at Lubbock Christian, Ward at BYU, Philippi at NM State I believe and Galler who had the skills to play college ball gave it up to go to A&M.

The transfer he talks about is Jon Edwards who was drafted and playing pro ball. T. Kreder at TCU, M. Kreder at Texas Tech.

Like going down memory lane.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.