Skip to main content

Collikar

Colleyville has a deep team....not sure who will earn the spots...they have many seniors 4 juniors 0 sophmores this year. Players and Coaches seem very focused and driven. Can't wait to see your stud lefty on the mound....yea...sandbagger.

Not sure who will take 5-5A but hope they give the south something to remember! Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by FormerObserver:
quote:
I don't think we have enough matching uniforms for varsity, but I think we have enough practice shirts to put masking tape numbers on them and use them for games.

Don't it p i s s you off?

But, you can be d a m n sure the FB team has matching panties.

Complete with lace...
WOW...you go LDin..If PD wasn't one of my favorite Old Timers I'd jump on the train (no pun intended) too!

There are a number of good frosh/sophs playing V in 5-5A and elsewhare. If they weren't there the vets would not be challenged, as they have already "won" their spots against the current competitive pool. The new blood pushes the vets to continue to improve. Don't be araid to acknowledge them.
PD, Thanks for not taking offense to the young guns calling you out.

LDin..., GHS has struggled at the one place I thought they'd excel...hitting (shows you what I know about hs baseball.)

Expected the pitching to be OK (and it is,) but the big surprise to me is D. They don't throw the ball around as much as last year it seems. Making all (most) of the routine plays, etc.

It seems that Tychos post (at the top of page 3) is dead on...but you might also want to throw Keller Central in that mix after this weekend.

I have a hunch who you are LDinTheGap, but PM me so I can be sure.
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
It seems that Tychos post (at the top of page 3) is dead on...but you might also want to throw Keller Central in that mix after this weekend.

Agree, Central certainly played well this weekend. I would include them as a team in the playoff mix in 5-5A. That makes 6 teams in the mix for 4 spots...will be a fun league.
I'm not sure if I got this right or not, CV Heritage and Grapevine wins their respective tournaments, SL Carrol is impressive in Austin and at Mid Cities Classic including 11-1 win over Pascal, Keller dominates in some games, Northwest has great 7-2 win against a solid Plano East team plus others, Richland gets run rule wins including 14-1 win over a solid Allen team and 7-2 win over Ft. Worth area pre-season top 10 L. D. Bell squad, Haltom gets 3rd at the Newman Smith/TCA tournament and Keller Central has had a few "feather in the cap" wins.

With these 8 teams, no district game will be a pushover win. For those who have played these 5-5A teams, I'd like comment regarding the level of play/talent on these teams as most predict a 4-team district (SL Carrol, Keller, Grapevine and CV Heritage) and I don't see it that way.
Grapevine wins the Midland Tournament of Champions. The team went 5-0. The pitching gave up a total of 5 runs in 5 games. Adam Jahner, Drew Boehmer, Cameron White, Ethan Davis, and Scott Slusher were named to the All-Tournament team.

That, coupled with CHHS success, Keller,Southlake,Northwest, Central, and Richland all playing well, has to make 5-5A, one of the best places to watch High School baseball.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.