Skip to main content

Diamond King Baseball has announced its 2005 schedule of regional showcases and are taking player recommendations. Showcases will be held at AAA stadiums in California, Oklahoma, New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Tennessee. Log onto the www.dkings.com website to check out all dates and fill out the Recommend a player form The Diamond King Elite games will once again be held at SBC Park, home to the SF Giants and a major league park TBA on the east coast.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

CAUTION...

Recently attended the PG World SHowcase in Ft. Myers with Perfect Game. Excellent event. Highly recommend !!

However, met some families whom made investments "with other showcase company's" and they said the events were cancelled at the last minute and they were never contacted.

Before you commit to a showcase, make sure you do your research and get all your questions answered before sending in your money.

Some folks told me in Ft. Myers that this particular showcase company "still owes" them money and has not returned their calls or letters.

And I know their are always two sides of the story and I only heard their side but it didn't sound good and other families agreed when the stories were being told.

No name will be mentioned... just do your research before committing folks.
Just my 2 cents....
I am pretty sure that all of the scheduled 2004 events hosted by the Diamond Kings went off as planned without cancelations. I say this because #1 there are player profiles posted for all the scheduled events and #2 my son played in the Elite games in San Fran with the top participants from each one of those showcases being in attendance.

IMO the Diamond Kings are a very professional group who run a nice showcase in the very best facilities. Coach/Scout attendance is moderate and may improve as this company establishs itself in this very competeive industry. My son however did get several letters and phone calls from scouts and college coaches stemming from the Diamond Kings events.

This organization also sent a team to the highly scouted PG WWBA Tournaments in Marietta Ga. and Ft. Myers Florida, giving my son and others an opportunity they may not otherwise have had.

There may very well be a situation that occurred that I am not aware of as I am just a very satisfied parent of a player well served by Andy and the Diamond Kings.
Diamond King Baseball's success and growth over the past 3 years has not been predicated upon treating people with a lack of respect. Not once in our 3 seasons (14 events, over 1000 satisfied student athletes) have we ever cancelled an event.

One of last seasons event dates was "changed" in order to accomodate many of our players that were participating in an area code tryout that same weekend. All players were notified of this change months in advance. The start date was changed from a Saturday to a Monday start. All players who were unable to attend because of conflicts on the new dates recieved a full refund.

Furthermore we pride ourself on being accessable by supplying all of our student/athletes with persnonal cell phone #s of the entire DK staff. With our welcome letter we encourage players to contact any staff member should they have a question.

The HS Baseball web is an extraodinary resource for people to trade valuable information on many baseball topics. Its just unfortunate that some of the information is baseless.

Diamond King baseball was founded and is operated by a group of high school teachers/coaches eager to give student/athletes the opportunity to showcase their skills at first class facilties in front of college and professional scouts.

My name is Andy Zavorek. I am the CFO of Diamond Kings as well as a high school teacher and baseball coach at Madera High School near Fresno, California, should you have any questions please feel free to contact me at 559-647-2521 (cell). You may also email me at andy@dkings.com
Let me reiterate what crollss stated. DiamondKings is an excellent organization. My son was at their Pennsylvania showcase as well as at the Elite Games in SF and the WWBA championships. They are first rate. Along with PG, they were the best showcase organization for my son. I have no tie to DiamondKings. Just hate to see anything inaccurate said about a great group of guys.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.