Skip to main content

With a very important summer coming up.....Son is a 2019 uncommitted RHP. I have gotten so much useful info from your posts and responses that I feel like without your insights with this upcoming summer that we are going to be missing important info!  Forget about the 1.9% of the turds who bash and give the 98.1. % of us the info/encouragement that we need!  BTW hope to finally meet you this summer.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

stayfocused posted:

With a very important summer coming up.....Son is a 2019 uncommitted RHP. I have gotten so much useful info from your posts and responses that I feel like without your insights with this upcoming summer that we are going to be missing important info!  Forget about the 1.9% of the turds who bash and give the 98.1. % of us the info/encouragement that we need!  BTW hope to finally meet you this summer.

I am part of the 98.1%. Please. I so miss reading your posts❤️

Nuke83 posted:

Clearly not any kind of fool.  Enough fools here who simply didn't get it to the extent of running him off.

I always thought that he had thicker skin, which you need sometimes on this site.

Also missing is the owner. This place needs sprucing up, badly. Moderators can only do so much. 

I am going to say whats been on my mind for a long time.....does anyone really care about this site anymore?

Depends on what you call the site?

If you mean the part here: https://community.hsbaseballweb.com/ 

... well, it ebbs and flows, maybe more ebbing than flowing of late,  but overall there's quite a bit of very good info being exchanged, if not currently, then available in searches for previous threads.

If you mean all of the pages under this page:  http://hsbaseballweb.com/welcome.htm

Like this one: http://hsbaseballweb.com/showc...howcase_calendar.htm

Then yes, either blow it up or re-do it completely. I wonder if anyone ever looks at any of that stuff. 

Site definitely has value for both current exchanges and historical reference forum topics. I refer people to it all the time.  

Agreed I don’t use the calendar and survey items and typically gravitate toward the forums. There is probably value in the other site features too if updated and people got in the habit of going there for info. 

I don’t think there is really any other forum for baseball parents quite like this at all. Sure there are some challenging exchanges from time to time, but that is true in real life as well.  The good in this community far outweighs any negative.  

Last edited by BaseballFan2016

I found this site so valuable when my son went thru the process from hs to pro ball  I stuck around a long time to try to help up and coming families  

we had some wonderful people on here over the years and loved their wisdom  

. I think the site can be valuable to many families going through it. 

I myself come here not often as we have moved on and are four years removed from pro ball and son has moved on. I enjoy watching my children’s careers grow and their lives  . Grandchild and retirement has just taken my mind other places 

we still follow kids we know from college and pro ball and our community. 

I hope the site continues for the new parents and old timers who have been invaluable in their wisdom 

JCG posted:

Depends on what you call the site?

If you mean the part here: https://community.hsbaseballweb.com/ 

... well, it ebbs and flows, maybe more ebbing than flowing of late,  but overall there's quite a bit of very good info being exchanged, if not currently, then available in searches for previous threads.

If you mean all of the pages under this page:  http://hsbaseballweb.com/welcome.htm

Like this one: http://hsbaseballweb.com/showc...howcase_calendar.htm

Then yes, either blow it up or re-do it completely. I wonder if anyone ever looks at any of that stuff. 

I am sure they do. 

The original info on the timeline needs some updating as well as the forums. One reason would be who the moderators are. Most dont come here anymore and some have passed on. 

I look at this as a house. Most homes as they age need repair.

I cant find a better way to describe how I feel and I know others as well.

The people who support this site financially have an obligation to make repairs.

JMO

stayfocused posted:

As the father of an uncommitted 2019. I feel exactly the same way. 

TPM posted:
Nuke83 posted:

Clearly not any kind of fool.  Enough fools here who simply didn't get it to the extent of running him off.

I always thought that he had thicker skin, which you need sometimes on this site.

Also missing is the owner. This place needs sprucing up, badly. Moderators can only do so much. 

I am going to say whats been on my mind for a long time.....does anyone really care about this site anymore?

TPM, yes we care about the site and value those of you who give us great insight and advice.  I have mad respect for those who care for and moderate this site. I am willing to donate to refurbish the site, but have hesitated because I'm not sure if the money donated will be used to improve it vs. upkeep.   The search function isn't great.  There's a lot of outdated info. that really isn't relevant.  There are sections that aren't used.  It could use a new wireframe based on topics/pages that have highest traffic.  Technology has changed a lot.  It would be smart to do a survey to get info from current users to steer a redesign.  But this will all take a significant amount of effort.  So, the questions in my mind are: Does the site owner want to take this on?  If the answer is no, then is he/she willing to have others do it?  If the site owner is willing, does he/she need help with redesign and implementation or just money?  Are some of us willing to invest time and money to help?  What would the cost be?  Will enough of us help raise the money to make it happen?  I would be willing to donate money and attend conference calls on site content, navigation/design, but I'm not a designer or IT person.  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.