Skip to main content

Rowan's number 1 looked like he could cruise upper 80's and reach back for 90 plus...PG profile had him low 90's and that was a few years ago.  Misericordia looks a little on the small side, but they are scrappy as can be when they play...executed a perfect suicide squeeze yesterday against #5 R-Macon.  I was asked the other day if the teams were any good (in the D3 world series)...i told them to be 1 of the 8 out of 350 plus schools to make it, you sure as hell have to be good.  Not sure why everyone looks down upon it, but from what i can see it looks like excellent baseball.

phillyinNJ posted:

Rowan's number 1 looked like he could cruise upper 80's and reach back for 90 plus...PG profile had him low 90's and that was a few years ago.  Misericordia looks a little on the small side, but they are scrappy as can be when they play...executed a perfect suicide squeeze yesterday against #5 R-Macon.  I was asked the other day if the teams were any good (in the D3 world series)...i told them to be 1 of the 8 out of 350 plus schools to make it, you sure as hell have to be good.  Not sure why everyone looks down upon it, but from what i can see it looks like excellent baseball.

Because people are stupid and make assumptions.... just saying.

Rowan’s 3rd pitcher was a redshirt at Alabama in 2015 and they aren’t there, and they didnt finish 2nd or 3rd in the regional. 

2boydad posted:

My D3 son is 5' 10" and also one of the shortest amoung the team. Also have a friend whose son is on a Mid tier D3 in So. Cal. Was told they have 3 guys throwing 88-90. Saw some D3 teams this year that could challenge some D1's i've seen 

Well, to be fair, SoCal is far ahead of many states when it comes to baseball. Same with GA, TX, FL, to name a few. There are some excellent D3 schools(academically) up north who struggle to have find  pitchers  who "live" in the mid 80's. Many of those schools would be beaten by the best HS teams.

BOF posted:

It's a little early to talk about an all Texas D3CWS, but it could happen. I have to be rooting for TLU as they are from my son's former conference and are playing for a teammate who was killed in a tragic car accident last year. #tlubaseball &  #KB4 on twitter. 

BOF you called it, we have an all Texas World Series. 

My Hats off to all the Teams that made it that far. (except Wooster ; ) ) 

BishopLeftiesDad posted:

Congrats to Texas Tyler on winning the D3 world series.

UT Tyler received an at large tournament bid, by the way.  They didn't win their conference (Concordia, Tx did) or their conference tournament (UT Dallas did). Confirming what many have thought for a long time -  that once teams in the West Region were given equal opportunity they would do well.  it just doesn't stand to reason that D3 teams in the Northeast are better than D3 teams in California and Texas. 

adbono posted:
BishopLeftiesDad posted:

UT Tyler received an at large tournament bid, by the way.  They didn't win their conference (Concordia, Tx did) or their conference tournament (UT Dallas did). Confirming what many have thought for a long time -  that once teams in the West Region were given equal opportunity they would do well.  it just doesn't stand to reason that D3 teams in the Northeast are better than D3 teams in California and Texas. 

Teams from the West Region have won 4 of the last 6 championships. Before that it was more proportional. Six of the 8 ranked teams from the West Region made the tournament, plus Willamette who was not ranked.Trinity and La Verne were left out, but probably belonged. I guess the West Regional has "always" been 6 teams, because of the additional travel expense of flying. It would be interesting to see a "money is no object" seeding of D3 similar to D1.

adbono posted:
BishopLeftiesDad posted:

UT Tyler received an at large tournament bid, by the way.  They didn't win their conference (Concordia, Tx did) or their conference tournament (UT Dallas did).  

Great tweet from the Texas-Tyler head coach from before the playoff field was announced.

https://twitter.com/coachporch...s/993506348917719041

MidAtlanticDad posted:
adbono posted:
BishopLeftiesDad posted:

Teams from the West Region have won 4 of the last 6 championships. Before that it was more proportional. Six of the 8 ranked teams from the West Region made the tournament, plus Willamette who was not ranked.Trinity and La Verne were left out, but probably belonged. I guess the West Regional has "always" been 6 teams, because of the additional travel expense of flying. It would be interesting to see a "money is no object" seeding of D3 similar to D1.

Agreed. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.