Skip to main content

RJM posted:
Ja'Crispy posted:
TPM posted:
Ja'Crispy posted:

It is plain and simple why these keep coming up, either here or in the media, anti-Tebow sentiment is another way people express their leftist political opinions on a sports site. That is why they use loaded words like "Tebow worshippers" to call people who say your Tebow dislike isn't a rational thought pattern. That is why they try to pass off insane opinions like kneeling for the national anthem isn't meant as disrespect. That is why they tell you wacky theories like he is only there and being used to make a billion dollars for the minor league owners by selling hotdogs and beer. Sad, but it seems like these wacky thought processes are being taught to more and more and younger and younger people.

I dont get into that kneeling or patriot stuff but he is a professional and open to fair criticism. It has nothing to do with being on the left. 

He is a really nice guy, no one is disputing that. Problem is, he is a really, really nice guy, and people have taken advantage of that. That, in this case ,  would be the Mets organization, who once again are a disappointment to their loyal fans. They cannot put a decent product on the field and can't keep guys healthy. As of today they are 13.5 games back and in last place in their division. 

Tebow isnt going to change that and being used as a distraction.

I agree he is open to criticism as well. I don't think that was an item brought up for debate by anyone. I disagree that politics is not involved as you will find very often the same Tebow critics in all forms of media throwing out snarky Bush, Trump, Fox News ... etc comments. 

I don't know if he is a really nice guy, but he seems to check off all of the boxes. I don't know him personally. The Mets are horrible and can't keep players healthy, but I disagree they are taking advantage of Tebow. The two parties simply negotiated contracts for what they thought was to their benefit. If Tebow is being taking advantage of he should fire his high priced agents. Do the Mets get some benefit to Tebow's name? Yes, probably a small amount. Old School hit it right on the head that in reality virtually nobody knows or cares to pay attention to his minor league career or if he makes a Milb All-Star game. Does Tebow get something out of playing minor league baseball? Yes, but I highly doubt this is some big PR coup to keep his name in the media. He was already on ESPN national TV commenting on college football.

Sandy Anderson publicly admitted signing Tebow was a publicity stunt. 

Sandy Alderson said "Look, we signed him because he is a good guy, partly because of his celebrity, partly because this is an entertainment business. My attitude is ‘why not?’ ”

Hardly sounds like he had a serious plan to push Tebow through to MLB. I would say he doesn't seem serious about it at all. Hardly something for someone without another agenda to keep pushing on the internet.

Goin_yard posted:

I don't get all the hate for the man.  He is putting up decent numbers in Double A.   Look up the names of the people that are below Tim Tebow.   I see a first rounder hitting under .220 and a whole lot of guys drafted in the top 5 rounds whose numbers are far worse the TT.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats...;t=l_bat&lid=113

They are younger and not as physically developed as TT. 

Can't compare.

Ok, first, this is a baseball site.  Do your best to discuss baseball.

Secondly, I am a Conservative.  In that regard, if some of you don't like the article about an All Star Game, don't buy the newspaper and if you do subscribe, cancel your subscription.  If you don't like the Met's organization for employing Tebow, don't go to Met's games or their organization games.  It is that simple.

They hypocrisy of some of these posts is telling.  It was ok for some of your sons to chase their MLB dreams but not for Tebow.  I wonder why that is.  Tebow may or may not have the talent but it is not for any of you here to pass judgement on him when, truth be told, your sons were given their chances.  

Coach B, 

This is a baseball site, and the person who injected politics into the discussion needs a sit down. 

Tim Tebows situation is a controversial one. It's a fair discussion within reason. If you think that I am being hypocritical because son didnt make a ML roster, that was not a fair statement. There is hypocrisy, it is in the system. Same as they let Michael Jordan play because he was Michael Jordan.  

JMO

Ja'Crispy posted:

i agree the people who bring up politics by constantly bringing up Tim Tebow to interject their political or religious opinions should be sat down.

It is baseball site and using Tebow as a ruse to push your political opinions on others should not happen.

Yeah, that wasn't what happened, but thanks for playing.

Ja'Crispy posted:

i agree the people who bring up politics by constantly bringing up Tim Tebow to interject their political or religious opinions should be sat down.

It is baseball site and using Tebow as a ruse to push your political opinions on others should not happen.

Are u included in that too?

Matt13 posted:
00 posted:
PitchingFan posted:

I don't understand the hatred for Tebow.  He is living the dream and doing it somewhat successfully.  I know many of you think it is a media hype but he is also being successful.  He is a great role model and that goes a good way for me.  I'm tired of the great athletes who are terrible role models.  I know I know.  He is taking some kids spot but if he could not play at all they would not keep him.  He just proved he has a place in the game. 

On a different note:  Congrats to Will Craig for the west.  Great guy and player also.  Played with my middle son.

I know why Tebow is hated. A particular linebacker for the Ravens kills 2 people. No punishment. Tebow prays before a game or mentions his faith. Media “He is forcing religion, get rid of him etc”. Absolutely ridiculous. Goes to show just how rigged and backwards the system is.

I certainly hope Tebow gets called up. I will be buying a jersey of his. (Already have 1) Better than spending money on players that kneel and disrespect the flag.

The media didn't do that and players are not disrespecting the flag by kneeling.

This is a prime example of how Tebow worshippers are out of touch with reality.

Nice try.

Ja'Crispy posted:
Matt13 posted:
00 posted:
PitchingFan posted:

I don't understand the hatred for Tebow.  He is living the dream and doing it somewhat successfully.  I know many of you think it is a media hype but he is also being successful.  He is a great role model and that goes a good way for me.  I'm tired of the great athletes who are terrible role models.  I know I know.  He is taking some kids spot but if he could not play at all they would not keep him.  He just proved he has a place in the game. 

On a different note:  Congrats to Will Craig for the west.  Great guy and player also.  Played with my middle son.

I know why Tebow is hated. A particular linebacker for the Ravens kills 2 people. No punishment. Tebow prays before a game or mentions his faith. Media “He is forcing religion, get rid of him etc”. Absolutely ridiculous. Goes to show just how rigged and backwards the system is.

I certainly hope Tebow gets called up. I will be buying a jersey of his. (Already have 1) Better than spending money on players that kneel and disrespect the flag.

The media didn't do that and players are not disrespecting the flag by kneeling.

This is a prime example of how Tebow worshippers are out of touch with reality.

Nice try.

Nobody likes him, Ja'.

TPM posted:

Coach B, 

This is a baseball site, and the person who injected politics into the discussion needs a sit down. 

Tim Tebows situation is a controversial one. It's a fair discussion within reason. If you think that I am being hypocritical because son didnt make a ML roster, that was not a fair statement. There is hypocrisy, it is in the system. Same as they let Michael Jordan play because he was Michael Jordan.  

JMO

TPM, first, I was not directly thinking of you when I typed that.  The fact is that I admire you immensely.  You shared you and your son's journey here which has helped countless people.  Instead, I was thinking of every member here who loves their kids and wants their kid to reach their dreams.  Tebow deserves the same chance.  I say all of this because no one would have thought that I could become a teacher.  It was my dream and I live it every day.  Until Tebow gets cut or realizes that his dream is dead, he deserves no less.  

Link copied to your clipboard.