Skip to main content

The board has been a good thing for my sons and family....... met a lot of good people  .....if anyone wants to reach me..... 

davidsmithmj@hotmail.com

Good luck to all. 

If anyone has a son that crosses paths with Vanderbilt in the next few years shoot me an email...... of email me with any questions you might have... still open to helping out when I can.  

Last edited by bacdorslider
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Sorry to hear it Bacdorslider as you have been a major contributor on this site and a wealth of knowledge, generously shared.  I can not think of any other poster with your experience and knowledge based solely on your (4) sons making this baseball recruitment journey from NESCAC to SEC and points in between.  

Huge loss for HSBBWeb, but your right to do so, and understandable.  Thank you for all the knowledge.

Last edited by #1 Assistant Coach

Obviously, there is some assumption that your announcement comes at least in part due to another thread going on currently.  Heck, back in earlier days, I have been in far more contentious threads here than that one.  

This from you...

"I just hate to see 15 year olds and their parents to put all this stress on themselves "

And that is just one area where you have been very helpful in this forum and have volumes to contribute.  I would really hate to see you go because of any dispute or disagreement here, which is inevitable in this type of format.  Hope you will reconsider, if not right away then before too long.

Last edited by cabbagedad
bacdorslider posted:

The board has been a good thing for my sons and family....... met a lot of good people  .....if anyone wants to reach me..... 

davidsmithmj@hotmail.com

Good luck to all. 

If anyone has a son that crosses paths with Vanderbilt in the next few years shoot me an email...... of email me with any questions you might have... still open to helping out when I can.  

I tried to find the topic that you participated in that brought you to this conclusion.  I have missed it.  As you came along this journey there were posters who helped out by relating their experiences.  Same with me back in the day.  Of course there were those that disagreed.  Still, you have something that many here don't have.  A history of participating on this site, gleaning information, discussing said information, passing along your experiences and then, factor in that you have done so while having sons attend various levels of competition and then various levels of college.  My daughter graduated in 2015.  I progressed to coaching softball for her and left coaching baseball in 2008.  One of my first thoughts was that it was time to move on.  I'm still here.  I hope that every once in a while, I help someone out.  I know that you do!  Please reconsider.  

Sorry to hear this.  I have been preoccupied this summer and not been paying as much attention here as I ought to.  Sorry if there was a thread that got out of control.  My grandson broke his thumb and I believe this is my son's last year in baseball so this has been a trying summer baseball-wise for me.  Perhaps take a break and then come back.  Your contributions have been most appreciated!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.