Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Excellent!  My alma mater was in the same D2 conference as Merrimack before going D1 in the same Northeast Conference a few years ago (2012).   I saw dramatic change with my school and  I anticipate huge changes coming to Merrimack.  My school reclassified D1, and added more academic programs to become a full blown University then added a football team (jury is still out on that).   Our basketball team took it on the chin in D1 for a few years, but baseball and others adjusted very, very quickly.   Baseball team was making it to the D1 post season immediately.   

Best of luck to all the Merrimack alums and student athletes!

My son just started this fall as a freshman. He is pretty excited about the move. He was looking at multiple NE10 schools and other low D1s in the NEC and other conferences.  Unfortunately they will not be playoff eligible during his time there if I understand it correctly, as they will still be in the NCAA reclassification period. Best they can hope for is to try and win the conference. They won the NE10 this past season so I guess it's not a crazy idea.

fenwaysouth posted:

Excellent!  My alma mater was in the same D2 conference as Merrimack before going D1 in the same Northeast Conference a few years ago (2012).   I saw dramatic change with my school and  I anticipate huge changes coming to Merrimack.  My school reclassified D1, and added more academic programs to become a full blown University then added a football team (jury is still out on that).   Our basketball team took it on the chin in D1 for a few years, but baseball and others adjusted very, very quickly.   Baseball team was making it to the D1 post season immediately.   

Best of luck to all the Merrimack alums and student athletes!

And your alma mater's volleyball team is AWESOME!  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.