Skip to main content

Interested in names and/or thoughts on travel programs in the Overland Park, KS area. Ideally looking for an established, known program with teams at 12u-HS level. hands-on owner/operators, organized, development focused, indoor facility with full size infield, cages, conditioning/training...

Not sure it helps but if you know Chicago; programs such as Elite Baseball Training, Top Tier, Hitters, Diamond Dawgs are the types of programs that meet above criteria. 

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Mac N Seitz, KCSC Blaze, Building Champions, and  Prodigy are your top organizations.  But just know like all big organizations, there are various level teams at each age group.  Just because a team has a good organization name on their shirt does not mean they are a good team. Mac N Seitz has some really good teams and some really bad ones and they all pay about the same money wise.  All of these will have training facilities and private lessons available.  Mac N Seitz is probably the biggest but they seem to drop off when you get to the older guys.  Right now I would say Building Champions has the best high school age teams excluding the Kansas City Royals Scout Team.  If your child gets a chance to tryout for this group, it is one of the premier chances around because of the overall experience and exposure.  They will have a 16U and 17U team this summer as far as I know.  Lived there the past three years.  PM me for more info on specifics.

Royals Scout Team!!    Building of Champions produces a lot of great D1 players.  If you can make it on the Royals Scout Team, your expenses go down and your experiences go up.   New feeder teams are starting at the younger age groups in 2019.  Urban Youth Academy downtown... Awesome facility winter and summer. KC Proud.  Good luck to all of the kids on the journey!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.