Skip to main content

2020's Varsity team finished 1st in their league (NYC) out of 21 teams. Seeing round starts tomorrow. 2022 JV finished season strong winning last 2 regular season games to win our borough (think division). Overall 6th seed out of 21. Lost first playoff game today to put us in the losers bracket. Next game is Weds. Son will be eligible to pitch again that game.

Francis7 posted:

I think my freshman son got his answer today.

After tryouts, he was told to be prepared to play anywhere. But, he always ended up with the varsity kids. That was a good sign...but, you never assume anything.

Today, they handed out uniforms. Coach told the kids that some would be going back and forth between JV and Varsity...so, be sure to take one of each uniform.

My son took a varsity uniform. And, when he went to get a JV one, the coach said "What are you doing? Sit back down."

Pretty cool.

HS season just ended.

It was 80 days, 23 games (over 7 weeks) and around 45 practices (give or take). Very proud of my kid’s season. He was just the 3rd freshman to make the opening day varsity roster at our HS in the last 7 years. He was a starter in 21 of their 23 games and caught 81% of the 150 innings that varsity played this season. He hit 2 home runs this spring – making him the only varsity player to hit more than one. And, he had an On Base Average of .403 in 62 varsity Plate Appearances. More importantly, he set a goal last fall and worked extremely hard, made sacrifices, stayed focused and turned it into a reality this spring. All the credit goes to him. It’s his talent, drive and effort that made it happen.

It exceeded all my expectations of his HS season as a freshmen and was a pleasure to watch.

My son pitched in his regional playoff game last night. During his warmups his left scap seized up so tight he said he could hardly breath. I didn't know what was wrong but I could tell his velo was down. Of course he didn't say anything to the coach and went 6 2/3 innings giving up 5 hits and 4 runs, but his teammates had his back and he got the win 9-4. We're supposed to play Saturday for the regional championship but there's LOTS of rain forecast from now until Tuesday so who knows what will happen. Since their prom is tonight it might be good to push the game back anyway!!!

Go44dad posted:

In Texas 6A, we are at the red arrow today.  Son starts tonight.  The four Region winners go to the state championship single elim tourney.  There are a couple occasional posters that are in Region 4.  Hope we get to meet up in a couple weeks.

222 bracket

Well, won last night. We are here now. 

Inked222 bracket_LI

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Inked222 bracket_LI

Son (15) did his first HR derby today. It was a wash 😢 10 boys, 5 pitches each, no one hit it over the fence. No winner declared. A few boys (My son  being one hit deep into the outfield) but the only way to win was hitting it over the fence- I thought they should have taken the top hitters and have a hit off and the furthest wins, but nope. Pitch #4 was his best hit to Left field, back fence was 300’ his ball was probably 280-285’

Well, my 2022 on JV got knocked out of the city playoffs yesterday in the quarter finals. Good game, was down 2-0, up 4-2, lost 5-4 on a walk off in the 7th. It was against a team which has a kid he on his summer ball team. They've played together for about 5 years. That summer team had their first tournament of the summer yesterday, loser had to make it to the tournament...

My 2020 had his first varsity game of the city championship round today. They won 6-0 (double elimination). My son will be pitching game 2 tomorrow. Hoping a few schools he's been in touch with that have lost in their conference tournaments will get down to see him.

Not sure if it was smart, but I just sent my 2019 daughter a text, as it's extremely likely they'll get eliminated today in States.  Let's just say I had to grab a tissue before hitting send.  Just told her to enjoy the day with her teammates and how proud I am of her.

Not going to do the same with her twin brother, as their game should come down the wire, and I want nothing but positive vibes.  He's a PO and not available, so I want nothing more for a W and to be able to see him pitch another HS game.

Both teams were eliminated yesterday.  I was hoping they would be on separate days, but it just never works out that way with twins.  Daughter and I handled it quite well.  I think she cried her tears last summer after her last travel game.  Plus, I think she always enjoyed her travel experiences a little bit better and those players are still some of her closest friends.

I wasn't at my son's game and it stinks that they lost without him being able to do anything about it.  But, that's the way it goes.  The team really bonded this year and they spent a considerable amount of time on the field together afterwards.  My son received post game texts from many of the underclassman which made me more proud than his on the field accomplishments.  Based on the things they said, it was obvious he was a great teammate and leader, something he'll hopefully carry forward with him through life.

No summer ball for either, so I now have a lot of time on my hands until February 15, 2020.  What the !@#$ am I going to do?

baseballhs posted:
Go44dad posted:
baseballhs posted:

I know the feeling. Scared to even talk today.

I see you Region 4.  Son goes tonight to try and close out Kingwood and win Region 3.

Good luck! Been trying to watch via GC but neither team had it going last night. Who is pitching Kingwood?

Not sure.  Winn we think.  But he could be hurt, strange he didn't pitch last night.

Neither team broadcasts the game.  I think Vype radio will have it, and Texans Live.  But the links seem hard to find.

Go44dad posted:
baseballhs posted:
Go44dad posted:
baseballhs posted:

I know the feeling. Scared to even talk today.

I see you Region 4.  Son goes tonight to try and close out Kingwood and win Region 3.

Good luck! Been trying to watch via GC but neither team had it going last night. Who is pitching Kingwood?

Not sure.  Winn we think.  But he could be hurt, strange he didn't pitch last night.

Neither team broadcasts the game.  I think Vype radio will have it, and Texans Live.  But the links seem hard to find.

Here is the link to the Houston Chronicle article on the game.

https://www.chron.com/sports/h...innings-13908695.php

Congrats to both Go44Dad and BaseballHS...There is no way possible I can imagine a HS athletic event more thrilling or taxing on the emotions for players and parents than the 5 weeks of the run to the 6A State Tourney in Texas..You have survived...enjoy Round Rock...

The LT / Southlake game will be a spectacle....guessing 7-8K there for that one...

Go44... be happy with the 4PM game no matter the heat...7 of the last 8 5A/6A  state champions have come from the early game whether it was 12 or 4...The turnaround from the last game is tough...11 PM before you leave the stadium...12:30 or 1 by the time the team eats...shower / wind down...2:30 or 3 before most of the team can relax a little and sleep...the early game team is on a more normal routine...

My son hit a HR earlier this week for his Summer ball team and we just found out there was a scout there at the game and he talked to the coach and said he was impressed and is looking at a few boys. He asked for a schedule and will be coming to more games

The coach told ALL the boys that they need to play every game as if they are being watched. I didn't tell my son this but I have to tone down the cheering because I don't want some coach to think I'm one of those crazy parents.... I do pretty good most of the time until he hits a HR (this is his 2nd career HR with many more to come) or pitches really well 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.