Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

SomeBaseballDad posted:

We're mentioned in the OTRV. I assume at that point you're putting names on a wall and throwing darts at them. Anyway our first 11 games are away. Four vs UC Riverside, four vs Oregon St, Texas Tech, Sam Houston, and Mississippi State.  So 0-11 is a real possibility, best case 5-6. 

Good thing Nebraska plays out of conference games...their RPI will benefit at least! Plus, add three wins courtesy of the Big 10’s Perennial door mat, Penn State!

Last edited by 2022OFDad
SomeBaseballDad posted:

We're mentioned in the OTRV. I assume at that point you're putting names on a wall and throwing darts at them. Anyway our first 11 games are away. Four vs UC Riverside, four vs Oregon St, Texas Tech, Sam Houston, and Mississippi State.  So 0-11 is a real possibility, best case 5-6. 

UCR historically and recently not very good... you could also start 4-0.

OskiSD posted:

My Golden Bears are also an OTRV.  If they can find someone to protect Vaughn and one of their young arms proves out, i suspect they'll be ranked  

Couple of big ifs there. I thought they were well-positioned last year,  and despite losing a lot of hitters to the draft would have been in good shape this year had Pipkin not gone pro, but I hope you're right.

cabbagedad posted:
SomeBaseballDad posted:

UCR historically and recently not very good... you could also start 4-0.

I really have no idea what to expect from the team. They lost their two best bats from a team that didn't do all that well last season. Yes they had a lot of injuries to the pitching staff but also lost more than a couple of games because of a lack of run production. They did have a really good freshman class come in, some of those kids could help right away. They've alluded to the kid they see him taking Scott's place at the plate but then with the whole PO thing last year and the guaranteed playing time to others over summer ball it's almost like his freshman year all over again.  So who knows. I could see them being a pretty good team or a debacle, or somewhere in between.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.